Sleep Number / Can't Sleep; Pain

TX, United States Review updated:

My parents bought themselves, and me, sleep number beds a couple years ago. Their's has a thick pillow top, mine does not.
I have held my complaints in because I dodn't want to seem ungrateful. But, I lose more and more sleep, and wake up in more and more pain. I have to let it out.
I have the Queen Size, 3000 model. There is minimal padding between you and the air chaimbers, therefore if your 'sleep number' is l0w because you like a soft matress, the heaviest parts of your body rest on the plastic 'box spring.' It causes uneccessary pain on your hips and lower back. The same thing occurs if you raise the 'sleep number, ' because then it is too firm and putting pressure where you don't need any.
Although the pain starts at the lower back, it rises to the shoulders and neck before long.
At first, I was going to try and order a pillow top to solve my issues (since my fols have one and don't complain) but the Select Comfort Reps told me it would cost $700, because the pillow top can't be sold seperately, meaning you have to buy the whole shell.
Forget that noise. I can get a great whole matress for that kind of cash and sleep like a baby.
Also, you tend to rolls towards the middle of the bed, which provokes more discomfort if sleeping with a partner.
Please don't be fooled, guys. You can go out and spend $50 on a regular air matress and be more comfortable than you can on the Sleep Number.

Comments

• Li
      Sep 30, 2011

I PURCHASED A SLEEP NUMBER BED AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS NOT TO BAD, BUT WE HAD A POWER SURGE AND NOW I CANT SEE THE NUMBERS ON MY CONTROL AND THEY SAY THAT I HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE FOR 300.00. I CAN SEE THE LINES ON THE CONTROL BUT THERE ARE NO NUMBERS AND THEY DONT THINK THAT THE PART IS DEFECTIVE. WE HAD A GOOD MATTRESS AND BOX SPRING BEFORE I BOUGHT THIS BED AND I THINK THAT I WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER WITH MY OLD SET AND NOT COST ME 1500.00 DOLLARS. I HAVE SEVERE BAD PROBLEMS AND THIS BED IS NOT WORKING FOR ME.