Sleep Number Bed / bed sucks cant sleep

1 Islip Terrace, NY, United States Review updated:

my husband and i purchased this miserable bed because he had lumbar fusion surgery and thought if he could adjust the mattress he could sleep alittle better. i have never had a more miserable nights sleep in my life.we have had this bed for 2 years and i havent had a good nights sleep on it since the second night we had it. i wake up with my arms numb my neck is constantly pinched. my husband can bearly even sleep and is up all night because he is miserable in this thing. the bed looks like two hammocks side by side and we have to sleep with pillows in between us because it feels ike im going to roll on over on him all the time. there is no support in the middle of the bed between us so we feel like we are both rolling into eachother.we are buying a new bed because i need to sleep and so does he.the worse part of this whole thing is that we talked my inlaws into buying this crap at the same time as us and they both have the same problems and now we are going to buy them a new bed too.i wouldnt even recommend this bed to my worst enemy.i dont know why someone hasnt start a class action suit against this company because i think we all deserve something back for our pain and suffering.

De

Comments

• Te
      12th of Apr, 2007
    Sleep Number Bed - Not what it seems!

Spent 2700.00 on this bed 2yrs 1m0 ago as alternative to water bed. Don't make the same mistake. Stay away from the sleep number bed! They don't stand behind there product.

• Ed
      22nd of Oct, 2007

I have had a sleep number bed now for a 2 years and have not liked it yet. Just feels to lumpy or something. I get back aches all the time. Maybe I am not setting it at the right number. But I do not I am sick for spending the $2500 for this so called bed and have not a good nights rest yet.

• Ad
      24th of Aug, 2008

Did you try the bed before you bought it? Did you complete the in-store pressure mapping?

• Da
      7th of Aug, 2009

I am so sorry you have experienced the same exact problems! As we have the dual King bed as well, now sitting in the garage, they will not take the bed back, as we attempted to do; they refuse acceptance of their own product?
    No one even has us in their system for the actual puchase, therfore we now have the GE Finance Company constantly demanding payment on something that can't even be returned? Do you recommend anything to help us with this Financial center as they have put an high interest rate on us & they sent us a letter demanding payment but also "they said we have never contacted them about any of this? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! I have bought a "new" bed for my "fusions "from the neck down and the best to buy for this is the temperpedic! I am finally sleeping through the night also the pillows as this is a blessing and you will be happy...and "sleep"! Handling the finance company...what do you recommend as this is going to ruin our impecable credit? God Bless and hope to hear from you! From Flroida, D & G!

• Tj
      16th of Jan, 2010

We have had our sleep number bed for 3 or 4 years now, and I hate it too!!! The weird part is that I liked it for the first year or two, I have back, neck and hip problems and I actually slept well on it -- and it worked very well during preganancy since I could adjust it all the time to get comfortable. But almost a year ago I started hurting every morning when I wake up, at first it was just soreness, then it became numbness in my arms -- just like the previous entry! I even had an MRI a few months ago because my doctor was worried that something was seriously wrong...but nothing was found. I have been in physical therapy for a couple of months now and we're actually thinking about a Tempurpedic...but it makes me sick to think of the money we spent on that piece of crap (I think it was $3600) and having to pay high dollar for another bed!

I'm curious to know how many other people have had the issue with numbness and worsening pain...they need to stop making this awful bed!

• Mr
      15th of Sep, 2010

I agree whole heartedly the bed sucks. It causes worse body aches than I'd ever imagined & my husband as well. We also are dealing with the GE money bank and would like suggestions on dealing with them. These people are relentless and do not care that they sold us a useless product. Their late & finance fee's are through the roof. We now owe more on the bed than we did 3 years ago when we purchased it. Imagine that! At this rate we will NEVER get this piece of crap paid off and it to is ruining our credit not to mention the countless harrassing phone calls every day of the week. I refused to pay in the beginning because they would not take the bed back but then a couple of years ago figured we're stuck!

This should be illegal what can we do to give them back this bed and make this debt & pain in our --- go away for good?

• Be
      6th of Jan, 2011

Luckily for us, we were GIVEN the sleep number bed. In an effort to "pay it forward" we gladly gave our tempurpedic mattress to someone in need of a good mattress... I wish so much that we had the old mattress back and never agreed to take this one. It's nothing short of two undersized inflatable camping mattresses in a zip up pocket designed to look like a mattress. One thing that did help a little bit was to get a tempurpedic foam topper and actually stick it directly on top of the air chambers, inside the zip up bed part. This helped with feeling less detail of the crappy engineering that lay beneath the bed top. It also helped warm things up a bit... that's something else with this mattress, b/c it's 80% air, it does not build up any heat of any kind. The tempurpedic is opposite. I actually got way too hot with it b/c it just stores heat like crazy. I'd rather that than though then feel like I'm camping in the woods every night of the week. Next bed I get will be totally middle of the road to cheap mattress with an inch thick tempurpedic topper (at the recommendation of my Chiropractor). BTW, he said that 90% of these $2k mattresses (and up) are total gimmicks. A combination of daily excercize, stretching and a completely generic mattress is all you need to be happy. I'm finding that he's right.

• Dc
      9th of Apr, 2015

Verty cheaply made - customer service is horrible - lumps in "comfort pad" - remote is faulty - air pump doesn't work - can't get sleep number to call me back. Really folks??? This is an overpriced air mattress - you can have it back