Sleep Country Canada / still no refund 3 months after returning merchandise

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a Queen Tempurpedic Cloud Mattress and a Mattress Protector from the Calgary Rocky Ridge location on April 28, 2018. Sales person was Curtis Gilbertson. He was very pursuasive and talked me into purchasing a mattress that I'm unable to use as I now wake up with a sore back every day as the mattress is way too hard for me and not like the one I tried in the store. Because this was a demo model, I was not able to return the mattress. I did, however, return the unused/unopened mattress protector ($178.49) on June 7 as it turned out that I still had a protector from a previous mattress. When returning the protector, I was told that it could not be credited back to my debit card, but that Sleep Country would have to issue a cheque instead. I thought that was very strange and tried to get a better explanation, but was told by Curtis that this was how returns needed to be handled. I insisted on a written confirmation that I did in fact return the merchandise and was still owed $178.49 and he gave me a Completed Return printout (#73A041393). When I went back to the store this week - now 3 months later!! - I wanted to know where my refund was. I also stated to Curtis my frustration with the mattress, that I was not able to use it at all and that I felt fooled into this purchase. He told me that I just need to break the mattress in a bit longer. He also said that if I called him a lier (I said I felt fooled but did not call him a lier), that he wouldn't do anything for me. I'm disappointed in Sleep Country and frustrated that I was talked into purchasing a mattress that is completely unfit for my needs.

Re
Sep 12, 2018

Comments

• Sl
      18th of Sep, 2018

Hello, we are sorry for this experience. Would you be able to call us at 1-888-736-7647 ext 33292 in order to look into this further? Thank you