Sleek Spaces / Gately's Family of Stores / Order never delivered!

I placed an order for furniture on Sleek Spaces and it was supposed to be delivered September 22, 2007. i have never received the furniture and no one answers their customer support 800 number or customer support email. I even tried to contact Gately's headquarters and all voicemail boxes are full.

Beware!

Comments

Ja
  2nd of Oct, 2007
Sleek Space (aka Gately's Family of Stores) - Non-delivery of goods!

I purchased an Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman on July 28th for $1699. I was told the expected delivery date was mid-August. When I did not receive the items, I called to get a status and was told there were problems with the manufacturer but I should receive the item in two weeks. When I did not receive the items, attempted to call and email the customer service dept. All calls and emails went unanswered. I finally called and pretended to be placing an order just to get to a "Live" person. I demanded to speak with a manager. He promised me my items would be coming in with the next delivery from this manufacturer in two weeks. It did not arrive! Not surprising at this point.

The Customer Service number now has a recorded message about the continued "telephone service problems" and they are no longer taking phones messages!

I have now filed a complaint with the Colorado Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. Do NOT do business with this company.

Ca
  3rd of Oct, 2007

If you purchased from any of the Gately's Family of Stores, which includes FutonsStore.com, Sleek Spaces, and MANY MORE......Please file a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau. Go to bbb.org, the company is listed as Gatelys.
This company has had 230 complaints filed in the last 36 months. They have also filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy on Sept 17, 2007.
Additionally, file a disupte with your bank or credit card lender against Gately's.
Let's all do what we can to put pressure on this fraudulent company.

Pa
  16th of Oct, 2007

I placed an order with their company Bedroom King on 6/12/2007 and have not received anything. The few times I have gotten a hold of anyone they say it will be shipped in 2weeks and they will place a partial refund for my trouble. Still I have no furniture!!! Is this a real company or just a scam???

Jo
  24th of Oct, 2007

Do not buy from this company.

I placed an order a month ago looking for a great deal and fast shipping. It really was too good to be true.

I canceled my order after they did not respond to repeated emails, or phone calls (and of course reading about them after the order was placed). After doing a charge-back with my bank i still have not gotten my refund.

Do not order from this company. They will "take your money and run" - it is a total scam.

They filed bankruptcy days before my order was placed (9/17/07) and are still allowed to sell online - its a disgrace. If your in the same situation as me put pressure on this company by filing a complaint with the ftc, ic3.com (internet crime complaint center) - this is a very good one, the better business bureau, and any other organization you can find.

They should be put out of business for fraud.

I know you probably are not reading this until after you placed your order and that's why you should immediately do a charge-back (ask your bank about it) and report this company to any outlet you can.

Ri
  17th of Nov, 2007

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience with Sleek Spaces. We are Paradigm Gallery (www.pgmod.com), and have been recently flooded with customers who have been swindled by the Gately's family of sites. We'd love to help.

Since we often carry the same products as Sleek Spaces, feel free to browse our site. If you see the item you purchased from Sleek Spaces, we will give you 10% off... no questions asked.

Again, we're sorry to hear of your experience and would love to assist in anyway we can.

Respectfully
Paradigm Gallery
www.pgmod.com
877-PGMOD-07

Je
  27th of Nov, 2007

I too just learned that Gately's LLC filed for bankruptcy in September. Several days after they filed, I made an order to their FutonStore.com for a futon cover. I did receive a futon mattress from them in July, and that was OK, but they stole my money for the cover, ten days after filing for bankruptcy protection and never have they responded to my emails. Their voice mail states that the message center is "full" and can't accept anymore. How the hell is a company allowed to accept payment for services POST-bankruptcy filing AND NOT DELIVER THE PRODUCT. Bankruptcy protection under federal law is a LICENSE TO STEAL!!! What a joke iur federal regulators have become to permit this. Can they put any more clown make-up on??