Sleek Spaces - Gately's / Admits to refund but will not send check!

On April 11, 2007 I ordered online from Gately's SleekSpaces.com 4 pairs of white leather dining room chairs (total of 8 chairs), a dining room table and a Platform bed. The dining room table is the ONLY item which arrived correctly and not damaged. One pair of the chairs arrived damaged and the wrong size bed was shipped. I contacted Gately's Sleek Spaces about the damaged chairs and the wrong size bed. It took three (3) months of constant emailing and telephoning to get the instructions and return authorization for these items. On July 7 the bed was returned via Yellow Freight and the chairs were shipped UPS July 24. I was told after the furniture was received by Gately's, I would be issued a refund of $1862.98 back to my MasterCard. It took another month for me to get information about the refund due me. I was told by Monica that the money could not be refunded to my credit card as MAsterCard has a 3 month limit on credits back to the card. So then I was told by Monica in writing and on the telephone, that a check would be mailed on Aug. 17, 2007. After not receiving the check, I followed up with a call Aug 31, 2007 to be told the credit manager was in a meeting and as soon as it ended, I would be contacted about the refund. No call or email came. I sent 2 more emails with no response. I have 44 emails in my file all attempting to resolve this issue since April 2007.

Comments

8th of Oct, 2007

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to hear this. Rumour has it that they are Chapter 11. I would dispute this on your credit card.

• Am
      29th of Nov, 2007

Yes, their web page is gone and phone is disconnected. I wish I had seen this post prior to ordering a bed through them.

Luckily, my credit card company handled this and refunded my money.

• Da
      8th of Dec, 2007

Luckily I only lost 400.00. I've been trying to dispute a charge since November 2006. Same situation as yours. Ordered 4 chairs and only received 2. Tried to dispute with Discover - they contacted Gately's and was informed that Gately's had delivered everything. I've sent numerous letters - contacted the Denver AG - BBB - etc. Nothing...

• Ta
      6th of Feb, 2008

They are now up and running at vitaclassica.com. Same location, same people, same company.

• Tc
      6th of Feb, 2008

Same here. Ordered 2 bar stools. Never arrived. Was told on the phone I would get a 10% discount if I waited. I chose to wait - never got the discount. Total scam. Beware, sleekspaces.com now running as vitaclassica.com

• Mi
      19th of Feb, 2008

Gatelys has started a new site now called vitaclassica.com
    I wouldn't be supprised if they repeated bankruptcy on this new site as well.

• Za
      11th of Aug, 2008

These people screwed so many customers and now that are back at it.