Slap ChopUnauthorized bank charges

1 Review updated:

I ordered this product (Slap Chop) from their website after seeing an infomercial on television. Love the product and use it a lot, however...30 days after I ordered it, began seeing unauthorized charges on my bank statement for $14.95 as membership fees to a service called Easy Saver. After Googling Easy Saver I found this web site and hundreds of complaints regarding the same thing after ordering from ProFlowers.com. I contacted Easy Saver and they were more than helpful in ratifying this error and I did get the charges on my account refunded. Buyers beware.

Comments

• Ky
      Sep 11, 2009
    Slap Chop - unauthorized charge
    Slap Chop

I noticed a charge of 63 dollars and some change on my checking account from slap chop on 9/8/2017. Never heard of the company, until yesterday. Apparently, its a kitchen tool that is advertised on tv. Not sure if the fraudulent charge is from slap chop, or if someone stole my checking account/debit card numbers. Nevertheless, I informed my bank yesterday, they are investigating the charge.

• Jb
      Feb 18, 2010
    Slap Chop - Unauthorized charges
    Slap Chop
    Otttawa
    Ontario
    Canada
    slapchop.ca

My husband ordered Slap Chop online. He purchased this product (Slap Chop with free Graty) thinking it would cost $19.95 USD (a little more with Canadian currency exchange) plus S&H on both items, which we estimated might cost around $10. Soon after, we received 2 Slap Chops, 2 Gratys, and 2 cutting boards, which we didn't ask for nor were expecting. The only thing included with the package was a packaging slip showing all items included which were: 1 cutting board, 1 slap chop insert, 1 3rd graty blade, 2 Gratys, 2 Slap Chops, 1 surcharge.
    My husband recently got his visa bill, and realized that not only did Slap Chop charge him $81.11, but some other company named BargainLink used his information to sign him up for some monthly membership, and charged him $22.00! My husband called BargainLink (the phone number was on the visa bill) and they said he signed up twice for their service, when my husband did not sign up for anything! BL said that he signed up for their services by entering his email address (note, they got his credit card information from Slap Chop, as my husband only gave this info to Slap Chop and not Bargain Link) and they were sending him a free gas card. My husband noted he did not want to be part of their membership and then asked where his gas card as he has already been charged one month's fee on BL. BL said he would have to re-sign up to get the gas card as he had just cancelled his membership! He hung up on them and then tried calling Slap Chop at their number indicated on the visa bill. Out of service! We then realized that the Slap Chop website provides no means for any consumer to actually contact Slap Chop other than to order their products.
    These businesses are engaging in some clearly fraudulent and suspicious activity. Beware of both of these businesses!

• Sh
      May 26, 2010

Be careful with the slap chop. My husband almost broke his teeth eating his salad. The plastic from the guard breaks off. I did not notice it did. Would be a great product if it had a metal guard instead. Hang onto your receipts. My husband lost ours, will cost $8.95 to send it back. Not worth it for something that will probably crack again.

• Mi
      Jan 17, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the yourbargainlink.com program. Yourbargainlink.com is a membership savings program that offers thousands of US members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1.866.295.1658 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.

• Ye
      May 26, 2011

I lost 20 lbs with the HCG diet. It worked great for me.

• Ye
      May 26, 2011

I tried it, worked excellent for me. I lost nearly 25 lbs.