Slap Chop / High Shipping and Handling

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

$60.00 S&H and Unauthorized Charges.

I bought a Slap Chop which I was outrageously overcharged for shipping...and then to my surprise Vacationsavers and BargainLink charges started showing up on my Mastercard statement. The first ones to go through were $1.95 and $1.96... When I called Mastercard, they said they charged my account again, each company $19.95.

The scam started at Slap Chop website... when the online purchase was completed a screen came up saying click on this link and get a $20.00 gift card for gas and a $70.00 gift card from Canadian Tire. I assume that is how they lifted my credit card info and email address from the Slap Chop site.

Oh and then to add insult... I was just in at Canadian Tire and Shoppers Drugmart. Both were selling Slap Chop for less than $19.95 and no $60.00 shipping charge.

Comments

• Gs
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I agree 100%. I had the same charges to my credit card. Both from Vacation Savers and Bargain link of $19.95 each. And further they will keep charging every month until you cancel.
    When I called Slap Chop customer service, they said it has nothing to do with them even though they agreed that Bargain Link and Vacation Savers were linked to the purchase of the Slap Chop. And further they said they could do nothing about it. There is nothing on my purchase agreement about the additional charges. They told me I have to contact these other companies directly.

Then secondly, I called Vacation Savers toll free line. Customer service said that when i purchased the Slap Chop, I clicked on a screen for addtional coupons or something. I dont even remember. They also said there is something there in the agrrement where I authorized charges to my credit card. I asked them for a copy of that agreement and they said "because it was an internet transaction, there is no record of the terms that I agreed to" OF COURSE!!! Then they also said to contact Slap Chop. So I was getting the run-around AGAIN!

So after 2 hours of phone calls and getting the run around, they agreed to cancel the membership and all previous and future charges to my credit card. And they can do it for BargainLink as well because they are all the same company. OF COURSE!!!

In my opinion, this is a pure scam. If there is something in the purchase that is inconspicuous authorizing the additinal charges, then this is purely unethical! This should severely have a negative impact on the reputation of SLap Chop if they allow this to happen to those who purchase their product.

So for those of you who got dinged, just call the company and cancel your membership and they will likely also reverse the charges.

• Mi
      17th of Jan, 2011

Hello, I am the Director of Membership Services for the Bargainlink.ca program. Bargainlink.ca is a membership savings program that offers thousands of Canadian members thousands of dollars in savings on brand named products every day. We would like to help you get your issue resolved. We definitely do not want members to feel that they were falsely signed up to our memberships. We have many practices in place to ensure that these types of issues do not arise. Please feel free to call us toll free at 1-800-375-1795 so we can go over your membership details and assist you in getting your concerns taken care of. Our customer service department is available an open 24 hours per day 7days per week for your convenience.