Skyshasphynx/ Elizabth Largent / sick sphynx kitten

1 Runaway Bay, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-940-389-0414

Stay as far away from this woman as possible. Elizabeth sold me a very sick kitten that died 4 weeks later after I received him. He died of HCM. Elizabeth stated she knew "Floyds" grandfather had HCM and continued to breed him anyways. Floyd has produced kittens with HCM and Spina Bifida per Elizabeth. I tried to reason with this woman and she cannot seem to make up her mind from day to day. Elizabeth states "It is just a cat and cats die". I am out $2100.00 for the kitten and vet bills well over $1500.00. I had to watch my poor baby suffer and die. No one should have to go through this and then have the breeder be so rude and not care about it at all. The bad thing is she is still breeding Floyd and other around her are using him as well. I have vet records that will prove he died of HCM. His left ventricle of his heart was very large and he was in heart failure shortly after I received him from Elizabeth. The doctors drained over 150 cc`s of fluid off his lungs until his poor little body started breaking down. If we continue to support people like this she will continue to breed these cats and hurt everyone involved. You can call me if you want to see all of my paper work. I have also spoken to SEVERAL people who have received very sick kittens from Elizabeth Largent.

Di

Comments

• El
      17th of Mar, 2009

I never stated he was just a cat. I do care and have been upset about this whole situation myself. I simply said he was a animal and its part of life. I apologised and have tried to make this right by replacing him. I have NOT used Floyd since all of this and he will be scanned in April.. I offered you back a kitten back from another litter from different parents.. But you want Cash back.. As a breeder yourself you know my contract states no money back.. I WILL replace the kitten you lost!! Im not responcible for vet bills though.. You havent sent me a neocropsy to prove any of this or any copies of the so called x rays of his heart.. All I got was a letter and that didnt prove anything it could have been fraud.. I still have offered you another kitten back you just want MONEY!!! If you didnt like my contract you should have never purchased a kitten.. Most breeders have the same policy..Its kinda funny?? I feel that you are the dishonest one.Not wanting a kitten just cash. HUH.. I stand behind all my kittens 100% and have two new stud males to better the sphynx breed and my lines.. If you decide you want a kitten back from a future litter Id be glad to replace the kitten you lost.. If you want money then Im sorry I cant do that.. As far as sick kittens and all the other hear say.. I welcome anyone to my home to see all my cats and my cattery.. I dont have sick cats.. My cats are very healthy come see for yourself..

2nd of Apr, 2009

I have to disagree with the person's complaint with the sick kitten. I purchased a male kitten in January 2008. The Largent home is clean, kittens and cats are extremely clean and well loved. I was impressed by the nature of all the cats. It is obvious Elizabeth babies these animals, which I find enlightening about a breeder.

By the price the buyer stated, she obviously bought the kitten to breed. I am afraid a breeder should understand this situation. I am not usually too keen on breeders of any kind...and also have in the past purchased a pup that died from another breeder. You have to read your contract carefully and research the breeder. Elizabeth Largent has nothing but praise from me. I would purchase another kitten from her in a heartbeat.

My cat is the love of my life and has been sweet and loving and HEALTHY from the day I brought him home. The experience has been incredible thanks to Elizabeth Largent.

Robin LaRose

16th of Apr, 2009

I also have to disagree... Elizabeth is a wonerful person and has been very helpful.. We have a beautiful blue eyed sphynx and love her very much.. I couldnt be happier.. I went to Elizabeths home to pick up our kitty. She has a lovely nice clean home and very nice cats that are taken well care of.. I have no complaints.. I would buy another aphynx from her again..

• Fl
      16th of Oct, 2009

I disagree whole heartedly. Elizabeth is a kind & loving person. She has a contract just like Dionna does. Dionna has had several kittens she sold die that Dionna did not replace for the buyers did not honor her contract. Practice what you preach Dionna. Look at the [redacted] & you will see Dionna explain how she sold a terminally ill girl a cat that died but Dionna did not replace it or offer her money. Karma is a ### & so is Dionna
    Kudos Elizabeth for standing up for yourself & your line

28th of Oct, 2009

Do you have emails and names of all these other sick kittens? Can you give their pedigrees and diagnosis please?

• Di
      28th of Dec, 2009

Wow... You cannot state you name? Elizabeth does not send you a contract but ask you to print the one off of her site. That is not legit. I have a contract and it does cover my kittens. BTW the girl was not terminally ill. Get your facts straight. She killed my kitten I sent to her. I know who you are and man will you ever get a life?? Elizabeth will get whats coming to her. She just sold another kitten to a girl in Ohio that is really sick. I do have a settlement and do plan to collect my $4000.00 from the HCM breeder. As far as you calling people names? Grow up. Oh wait... you are already elderly. Yeah Kudos Elizabeth for selling HCM riddled kittens?? Oh and good luck with your breeding. If you do your research and actually CONTACT the people who posted on rip off you will maybe get a response from sold old jealous lady that is infatuated with me. Real whack job let me tell you.

Dionna

16th of Feb, 2010

PLEASE HAVE ALL KITTENS CHECKED FOR TRITRICHOMONAS FOETUS. A RARE PARASITE. WHICH MY KITTEN HAS. MOST VETS DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS PARASITE. IT IS VERY CONTAGIOUS TO OTHER KITTENS AND CAN BE TO PEOPLE. SOME VETS THING IT IS GARIDA. ITS NOT. PLEASE ASK TO BE TESTED FOR TRITRICHOMONAS FOETUS.

Susan

30th of Mar, 2010

Yes i would have to agree with what the first lady said about Elizabeth not doing fair business, because she does not even return my phone calls after i purchased a Female sphynx kitten from her on about the 02/25/10. Which my kitten died within 30 days of having her of FIP disease which is a Fatal disease with no cure what so ever, I have tried many times to talk with her but she refuses to have anything to say. Roosevelt Anderson

30th of Mar, 2010

You can't breed out FIP. It's completely random. the fact that it died 30 days after tells YOU gave the kitten the corona virus from which is developed FIP. Do you take any responsibility in giving the kitten the virus that killed it? Does she have anything in her contract about replacing a kitten who died of it? That's an iffy subject since you gave it the virus that it died from. Or it was so stressed out that it died.

30th of Mar, 2010

I must say since this posting floyd has been scanned (as per her website) as HCM free.

30th of Mar, 2010

Well one i Purchased the female kitten from Mrs Elizabeth Within the 2 days of having her she had watery eyes an a upper respitory issue which my vet diagnosed my kitten with.Then upon myself leaving my vet I called Mrs Elizabeth stateing I found these symptons with my kitten she then said her kittens had the same issue that it was a simple procedure to take care of, so i did just that.So after a week went by my Male Sphynx Cat had received the same symptons as my Female kitten.My vet told me that the kitten could of been exsposed before the time i received her without any symptons showing at the time of bringing her to my home.But if you look for the first signs of symptons an it says that a kitten or cat will start off with a upper respitory issue sometimes or maybe passed on from the kittens by there mother without being detected.I have done alot of research on this disease.There for i beleive if Mrs Elizabeth cannot provide me with another female kitten that i should have a full refund of my 1200.00 dollars, because in her contract it states on line number 9 that if she cannot furnish me a kitten right away that i should have obligation to receive a full refund of my 1200.00 dollars cash i just want to be treated right an now she just ignores my phone calls with no responses of what she intends to do for my troubles.I have been out of vet bills an also cremation fees for kitten to be barried, i just would like her to treat me right.

30th of Mar, 2010

URI is not a diagnosis. That's like saying you have a cold but you died of h1n1 without any testing. Corona usually shows itself as diareah and nothing more that 99% of the time gets over it with nothing else. You should have tested what was wrong with the cat.. runny eyes does not tell us anything.. a PCR test would have told you if the cat had herpes, corona, calicci, bordetello, chlamydia. URI's really aren't that big of a deal.

31st of Mar, 2010

I never wanted to complain, but I need to speak up now.
    I am not a breeder I only have ONE cat. I bought my sphynx kitten in November 2009. She was sick the minute I got her off the airplane. She had alot of blood in her stool with diareah.
    after many test and blood work we found =Tritrichomonas Foetus.
    While looking for this, we tested POSITIVE for FIP. I told Elizabeth in January about the results. She promised I would get another kitten if my baby died in one year.
    My kitten had the FIP CORONA when I received her.
    I am so sad to hear about the kitten that just died. Now I am so worried about my own kitten.
    Elizabeth did return my calls at first. I have texed her, called her, and e-mailed, she has not returned any comunication with me for months.
    Because I have only one cat, I had many questions about this breed. I needed Elizabeth
    to help me.
    Suzy

31st of Mar, 2010

Live animals cannot be tested for FIP. You either have a very bad vet or are not conveying properly what you heard. Corona (which causes bloody stools) is like the chicken pox, once you have it you alwys test positive for it. It is in 90% of ALL cats and even more if in a multi cat household.

Tritrich seems to be goin around many sphynx and the cure can kill a cat. Ronidazole is a dangerous drug and would be difficult to just pass out in a cattery as it would be dangerous and life threatening. Trtrich tends to work itself out by itself though a cat will continue to test positive. It's a fine line deciding to have live cats or potentially dead ones but have healthy stools.

1st of Apr, 2010

Well by the way my femal spyhnx kitten did not what so ever show any signs of diarrea she was sick prior to receiving her i beleive simple fact i had more problems with my female kitten then my male sphynx cat which is 8 half months old. Elizabeth Largent does very poor business of not returning any one call back after she hear about the kitten becoming very sick of a disease.She may act concern from the beginning of it all then she just leave you out there hanging to let you suffer from your loss without any concern what so ever. The only thing i can say is not to deal with this women what so ever because she can be nice at first just to get your money once that take place your pretty much on your own.I also can say if she really wanted to make it right with her past customers she would do some type communication with the individual not just ignore te whole problem all together.I know she would rather hear good comments instead of negative results of her business.So any one who decides to purhase a cat from skyshasphynx@yahoo.com do not do it i dont want you to be tooking avantage of as i have been.She is not professional when it is all said, you would have to do a legal matter of pursuit.

2nd of Apr, 2010

I did have a PCR test . The lab results stated
    FIP=Positive.
    Tritrichomona= positive.
    What am I to think?
    I also had a EKG, more blood and stool test. I am a very responsible pet owner and will do anything for my cat.
    I will gladly send the test results to any Vet.
    I welcome any advise on my Sphynx .
    I have a very good vet. However my vet does not have any other Sphynx 's and never dealt with Tritrichomonas. Where I live this parasite is not well known.
    I expalined all that to Elizabeth.

• Di
      5th of Apr, 2010

Suzy & Roes please call me at 317-441-9518. I am so sorry about your baby. I can maybe give you some info that might be helpful.
    Dionna

5th of Apr, 2010

Then your lab LIED. You CAN NOT test for FIP PERIOD without the cat being dead first! If your cat had FIP he would be dead right now period. He has corona which he will always test positive for. It is NOT FIP! Get a new VET!!!

Getting a cat from a cattery is like expecting your child to never ever get a cold in Daycare with 30 kids. Just not possible to not have a cold in a cattery. And if someone says I'm lying they've never tested their cat with real methods.

My skyshasphynx cat is the healthiest of all cats I've ever gotten. Never had diareah, .. when my cats got a uri from a show never got it.. healthiest cat I've ever had. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of rehoming all my cats and just keeping him because he is SUCH a great find. And he has been tested for hcm and does not have an enlarged heart.

5th of Apr, 2010

I agree with you, Kristoph333. My cat is incredible. My suggestion to those trying to avoid these issues might be to not have a kitten shipped on a plane where anything can be floating in the air. My vet is totally amazed at the health and toughness of my little cat...and his father is Floyd. He is going on three now and still is the best cat I have ever had.

RL

23rd of Apr, 2010

Still trying to contact elizabeth largent and have not receive any comment about what she plains to do about my sick kitten that i had for about 30 days then died of FiP, She stated that she wanted to make things right but more likely, i beleive she is ignoring me for reasons that cannot be explained.So there for i may have to go after her for any action possible.There for any one who decides to purchase a spyhnx cat from elizabeth largent stay as far away from this woman as possible because she does very bad business when your cat becomes very sick she does not care anymore, she is in the business for the money only.