Skyshasphynx / Sick kitten!

1 508 Dolphin TerraceUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 9403890414

I purchased a kitten from Elizabeth Largent and have had over 1500 in medical bills so far. He has a poor immune system and coughs a lot, sneezes, diarea, etc. He has been on meds for the whole 5 months that we have had him. She has said many times that she would refund the shipping of 126$ for him to go towards his med bills and send medicine and supplements and I haven't received anything from her.

I would never buy another kitten from her ever. She is only in the business for the money and doesn't care about the buyer or kitten once they leave her cattery.

Lo

Comments

1st of Jun, 2008

I Agree with the previous poster, Elizabeth largent is bad news my daughter purchased a kitten form her that poor kitten died 4 months later with breathing complications. Do NOT buy from this woman!

• Ar
      4th of Jun, 2008

I also bought a kitten from beth largent for $2200 and she was a mess undernurished, her nails were much too short they were cut into the quick and still havent grown back and they are splitting. She was un weaned from her mother and not potty trained she will only go on newspaper and walk through it. My impression is she locks her cats in a room not a cage (so she can claim that they are uncaged) with newspaper on the floor, thats why they dont know how to use a litter box. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A KITTEN FROM THIS BREEDER, she is a lier.

26th of Jul, 2008

Be very careful when dealing with this woman Please! thats all I can say. shes very strange once you get to know her very nice before she gets your money, after that she wont return calls or care for your e mails beware!

• Do
      10th of Aug, 2008

I too have purchased a female kitten from Beth, and I have had no problems with my cat which is now 2 years old. I personally think Beth is a wonderful breeder and I would purchase another from her again. I am sorry the others have had problems but I really find it hard to believe that Beth wouldnt stand behind her breed. We love our tortie sphynx!!!

• Ce
      29th of Aug, 2008

I myself purchased two Sphynx from Beth last year. Both cats are fine and she answered many of my questions on the Sphynx breed. She covered all basas from head to toe. She always returned my calls and we chat back and forth on the cats. I would buy from her again.

• El
      2nd of Sep, 2008

This is Elizabeth Largent with Skyshasphynx Cattery.. I would like to say as far as Marla I have never recieved any emails stating your kitten died. I have a contract that I would replace your kitten in the first year if there were any congentical issues. Infact I dont even know who you are.. Maybe there is a misunderstanding but I had no clue maybe you should contact me and let me know who you are and what kitten Ive placed with you. Lori Im sorry you have had such a bad expierence with one of my kittens. He was sent healthy and I have my vet to prove it. But the airlines delayed his flight which you forgot to mention over night and he was kenneled. In what kind of conditions who knows?? You told me they took the poor kittys blankets and everything out of his kennel. So he probably was freezing and majorly stressed by the time you got him which caused his illness. You have to know what kind of meds which Ive tried to help you because the vets really arent familar with the breed. The airlines never refunded your money thats why you havent recieved it back. Im here to help if you have any questions. If you want your 126 dollars back I would be happy to send it to you if it will help. Please contact me by phone. We have had email issues for some reason. Im truley sorry but Im not responsible for the airlines.. Now Arise. How funny you are.. Your husband picked the kitty from the airport out of my hands and just loved her then.. You email and call and say how happy you are and how much you love your baby and then come up with another story two weeks later.. Ive tried to make it right and take the kitten back and refund your money but you wont.. HUH.. You have just now gotten into the breed and act like you have all the knowledge. Ive appologised for the toenails being dirty because I just had a newborn and was rushed. I have done nothing but try to help you get you started. I have learned to be more paticular who I place my kittens with.. I welcome anyone to my home to see my cats and how I care for them. They are my babies and I love them. I stand behind my kittens.. No Im not perfect and may forget to clean a toe nail here and there. I do have a catroom because I have a family too. They are put in there for there safety whike Im not home. The most important thing is the fact I want to keep my home as clean as possible. When I get home from being out they are let out to play and be with our family. If anyone has any questions feel free to call me.. I by no means know everything about the breed Im still learning and will continue to do whats best for my cats!! For the people that have had bad expierences Im truly sorry and if there is anything I can do to make it right just let me know.. Elizabeth Largent

• Mi
      2nd of Sep, 2008

These thing's can happen no matter who you get Your kitten from! What make's a breeder a bad one is when a kitten has something genetic, and they do nothing to correct it. It is very true that some buyer's are never happy no matter what You do . In the end these are live animal's, and stuff does happen no matter who the breeder is.

• Co
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I agree with the above. If you child gets sick does that mean that you are a bad parent or that you have neglected them? They are living animals and can get sick just like humans get sick from time to time. I think that communication with the breeder is vital. If you have a complaint or concern, contact the breeder and let them know what you would like them to do about the situation. I too have bought kittens from Beth and have been nothing but happy, as a matter of fact the kitten that I got from her just placed in high rankings at the anual TICA cat show.

• Mi
      18th of Feb, 2009

I have purchased several kittens from SKYSHASPHYNX and love them dearly!! Elizabeth is a wonderful breeder and I highly reccomen her to anyone!! You cant bgelieve everything you read!! Thanks and I will buy from her again.. Her sphynx are beautiful!!

• Di
      10th of Mar, 2009

Stay as far away from this woman as possible. Elizabeth sold me a very sick kitten that died 4 weeks later after I received him. He died of HCM. Elizabeth stated she knew "Floyds" grandfather had HCM and continued to breed him anyways. Floyd has produced kittens with HCM and Spina Bifida per Elizabeth. I tried to reason with this woman and she cannot seem to make up her mind from day to day. Elizabeth states "It is just a cat and cats die". I am out $2100.00 for the kitten and vet bills well over $1500.00. I had to watch my poor baby suffer and die. No one should have to go through this and then have the breeder be so rude and not care about it at all. The bad thing is she is still breeding Floyd and other around her are using him as well. I have vet records that will prove he died of HCM. His left ventricle of his heart was very large and he was in heart failure shortly after I received him from Elizabeth. The doctors drained over 150 cc`s of fluid off his lungs until his poor little body started breaking down. If we continue to support people like this she will continue to breed these cats and hurt everyone involved. You can call me if you want to see all of my paper work. I have also spoken to SEVERAL people who have received very sick kittens from Elizabeth Largent.

• Di
      21st of Oct, 2009

Elizabeth is still selling sick HCM kittens. He husband has called me and been very nasty! How do you sell a HCM kitten to people then have the audacity to be rude to them???? She is now selling FLOYD as a BREEDER??? He produces HCM kittens. STAY AWAY FROM this breeder unless you want thousands in medical bills and a broken heart. I have ultra sounds and reports to back this up. Elizabeth is a BYB who sells HCM kittens.