Skyscanner / expedia

1 Beijing, China Review updated:

Good Day
Never fly Swiss Air or Work with Expedia.com.I enjoyed a great vacation to morocco only to end it completely stressed out. I booked my flights via Expedia, an online travel agent via the Sky Scanner website. My return flights were Marrakesh - Geneva - Zurich - Beijing. As I was going to be in transit and had no intention to leave the transit area, I saw no problem. On arriving at the airport to depart, I was told I could not take this flight. The explanation was that there is a rule stating that one cannot transit in two Schengen areas for more than 24 hours. I was less than 24 hours but it was on two different days. This was unknown to me and there was nothing told to me via Expedia or Swiss air. I had been in contact directly to Swiss air with regards to other aspects of my flight, so there should have noticed this before. The staff at the airport gave me this reason and said they can't help and were quiet rude about it. Directly telling me its my own issue and walked away. I asked for help at the Swiss air office to call the customer care and they refused to allow me to do so, again saying it's my own issue as I did not buy it from them directly. As I see it, they set the route and times of the flight and have an obligation towards customers even if I did not buy it directly from them. On contacting Espedia, the agent said they can't assist as they get the tickets directly from Swiss air and they set the routes. At the end of that day, I was forced to buy a new ticket from Swiss air at 700 USD. Both Airline and travel agent denied accountability for not having any disclaimers and say I need to know my travel laws. To me, this is an easy way to get out.
The next day, after spending close to 100 USD on calls and sleeping on a friends couch, I went back to depart. I was the first to arrive and first in line but the last to board. Once again the rude Swiss staff had issues about my flight. This time I bought the ticket directly from them and only had 2 hour stop in Munich. They had no idea if I could take that flight now and made me wait 2 hours. What was worse was that management was called down to help me but never did. The lady issuing tickets had to go up after half an hour of waiting to state my case. After another 45 minutes of no one telling me anything, I decided to go up and speak to management who brushed me of stating I should have patience. At 12.28, 2 minutes before boarding can close, they said: ok go in. This was without even an apology. On the flight they mixed my meals and all together was the worst flight and experience ever.
Swiss air, besides being incompetent in knowing their laws and getting meals right were the rudest bunch of staff I came across. Its easy for big airline companies to push customers as they see fit, especially when you are desperate.

Ir
Jan 10, 2019

Comments

• Fl
      10th of Jan, 2019

To author Irshaad Ahmed:

I introduced with your public complaint on the denied boarding at this site.
    Your complaint is unclear totally and has a factual mistakes.
    Nobody has a duty to reply on unidentified complaints, oral complaints.
    This is a duty of the air carrier to give explanations in decision following your legal complaint.

The legal complaint has to demonstrate:
    - the full name of the claimant / address - notably citizenship and country of residence / e-mail /
    - the addressee - the particulars of the air carrier, who had not provided the promissed service according
    - explanation which events had happened with place / date
    - date/ airport, where the denied boarding had taken place
    - your request, which has to be expressed clearly in 1-2 sentances and in fugures.

All above detals are absent in your text.

You have own the prove of loss and fault of the service provider such as :-
    1. e-ticket of passenger with your name, it has to have 13 digits
    2. boarding pass issued by air carrier, if you have it
    3. Notification of denied boarding if you have it.
    4. Your own written complaint addressed to air carrier.
    5. The reply of the carrier / travel agent, which has to be given in 15 days in order to support the future claim in the local court.
    6. Your passpot copy will be in need later

The above documents are absent / not ttached.

Time limit.
    The complaints related to cancellation have to be submitted at air carrier site or at air port or in person not later 30-60 days (or within 1 year in all circumstances) following the the cancellation/denied boarding of the flight .

The recipient of the complaint (air carrier) must accept the complaint at their site or in person, and to issue the decsion on satisfacton or refusal to satisfy the claim on compensation within 15 or 30 days .
    Usualy air carriers do not pay compensation for such type of complaints, as you had submitted with factual and legal mistakes.
    It is usless to request the same from the addressee more than 2 times.

If your complaint is not satisfied in 15/30 days (no compensation),
    you are entitled to hire a lawyer / or a legal professional for agreed fees
    in order to bring the civil sute to the local court or to the court abroad.

The law can foresee or can not foresee the standard compensation + services in cases on the cancellation of the flight, depening upon documents, which you own, and upon the country.

You can claim the additional amount if you have the receipts via the court only.

Based on you text, you will need the legal professional / lawyer for the agreed charge:
    The charges/fees start from ~USd100 per hour for such type of cases,
    as you have described, if for US court + your own efforts.
    There are different other charges in other countries.

The fair court shall award all losses, unpaid compensation and paid fees by judgemnt.

Time limit:
    such types of claims can be submitted to the court not later than 1 year following the flight cancellation or the date of the reply of the air carrier.

There is an alternative 1 way in order to give the correct advise:
    to admit the denied boarding or to continue to demand compensation from air carrier is

the submission of the corect complaint to the air carrier,
    Such complaint (with figures, with law) can be prepared for charge of approximately USD120-150.
    And only in case you are able to submit
    - each above document, the copy of you own words, payment.
    Note, it is on your risk - the decision on the compensation or/and refund will depend upon the decision maker.

Regards,
    Sr manager for ICAO irregulations matters
    Aryan enginners ltd
    email for request with documents:
    aryan@vivaldi.net