Skype, Unlimited World / cheating, not deliver the promise service

I purchased the "Unlimited World" program from Skype, that offer conferencing service, for one year on April 27, 2008. They also have “Fair Usage Policy”; subject to a fair usage limit of 10, 000 minutes per user per month. Once this limit is exceeded Skype will charge normal SkypeOut rates and a connection fee for any additional minutes used. In July 2008, they suspended my program and at the same time they charged me for all calling. I had be charged extra $50.00 in July, extra $80.00 in August and extra $25.00 in September. I could use ONLY for few days in October 2008 and January 2009. When I complaint about it. There is no way to reach them but email only. It usually take a week for getting respond. Their answer stated that if they found that calls make from account more than 6 hours in a day. They will suspend the account. But they didn't refund the money.

Comments

• Dr
      11th of Jul, 2009

Be aware of Skype's false international call plans

I purchased the credit of US $ 20 fom Skype for international calls just a few days ago, and could hardly had called for US $ three, my account shows a balance of US $ 17 . Suddenly now i found that my account has been blocked and i can not make call anywhere. My balance of US $ 17+ still left unused in my account and Skype has blocked the account. It is not possible to contact the skype support, and they do not respond to your e mails.

It appears as Skype is an organized cyber crime, they are cheating money of innocent people on the name of different schemes, cheap calls, false unmilited world plans to lure the people.

Be aware befoere paying any money to skype, you may loose money and will be posting comments like me and many such others. Its a direct big cheating by Skype.

Dr. Anil Khari, M.D. - Kingston, Jamaica

• Sk
      4th of Sep, 2009

Skype is dumb and the call quality isn't that great either. Their "Fair Usage Policy" is RIDICULOUS. If I make 100 calls and each call lasts 10 mins long on average, that's 1000 mins per day. That will break their 6 hour per day rule.

Technically and legally speaking, if you quote "UNLIMITED" it means unlimited with no limitation and no restriction. What good is "UNLIMITED" calls if you are LIMITED by the "Fair Usage Policy" ???? This is just plain DUMB. It is like saying this: Eat, but don't eat. Turn Left, but don't turn left. Die, but don't die...

Plain an simple, Skype VoIP is dumb.

Skype's Customer Service is NON-EXISTENT. No person to talk to and no person to email to regarding the account and general inquiry and complaints. If this company does not have Customer Service, stay away from their business--Plain and Simple.

• Gn
      4th of Apr, 2016

i need to hear people who have had problems with skype unlimted world, namely that they took a subscription a while back and that subscription has not been updated to new countries that came after on the list of free countries
    please pm me on gnavigator@gmail.com

• Gn
      4th of Apr, 2016

correct address is : gnavicat@gmail.com

• Ce
      10th of May, 2016

be careful about unlimted world, it does not include all the new countries, u pay the same but don't get all the countries

27th of May, 2017

It is the 2nd time my Skype account has become inactivated and my credit inside has turned to 0. There is never a direct way I can raise my inquires. My suggestion to all users is stop using Skype as they will inactivate your account once you don't use it from 6 months. I credited it with my real money but they are acting like a thief. This company is not worth trusting.