Skyco equipment / misrepresented product

1 AB, Canada Review updated:

I purchased a bucket truck from them based on their web site which says their vehicles are completely reconditioned and inspected. That was not the case, I have spent $6200 in repairs in order for it to pass an Alberta transport safety inspection. They take no responsibility for the condition of the truck and say I should have purchased a warranty. they are horribly unprofessional and deceptive.

Skyco equipment

Comments

• Sk
      7th of May, 2012

That company is headquartered in Florida. They do claim all vehicles pass a Florida DOT inspection but nowhere on their website do they mention anything about (International) Alberta Transport regulations.

Did you actually buy a $30, 000 used truck from the U.S.A. and not ask if it would pass Canadian regulations?

• Si
      29th of May, 2012

Yes I did ask! they charged me an extra $3000 to pass Canadian certification regulations and emission controls. I have asked repeatedly for the paperwork and they have refused to show it to me. I knew I would probably have some repairs but I am sure a Florida DOT inspection requires indicator lights, brake lights, battery hold downs and covers, and springs. The list was endless. Look at the pictures of the boom saddle for an example of their pathetic excuse for safety guidelines.