Sky-Tours / misleading and omitted information

Jun 24, 2015
Buffalo grove IL
I booked a flight thru Sky-Tours for a trip from Naples Italy to Chicago IL (USA). I always book with a stopover to lower costs.
So I thought I booked a flight from Naples to London Heathrow to Chicago O'hare.

In fact, I immediately learned that I made a mistake and would have to fly into London Gatwick and then commute over to Heathrow.

I would not have ever booked a flight that required me to change airports. I am not stupid.
But to attempt to salvage, I contacted Gatwick airport. They told me it would be cutting it close to get onboard at 4 PM at Heathrow with an arrival of 11:50 AM at Gatwick. PLUS SKY-TOURS conveniently did not mention the cost to travel between the 2 airports...approximately $200. In addition, my wife walks with a limp and moves very slowly.

In addition, we learned that SKY-TOURS booked a third flight from JFK NEW YORK to LONDON HEATHROW with our names on it. I was told that this was done to get us a better rate, AND WE WOULD BE TOLD ABOUT THIS LATER.

So flight booked on June 17. Received e-tickets on June 18. And emailed to cancel and get refund on June 19.
Told "Airline rules prevent us from refunding." But airline rules do not prevent them from booking bogus flights.

SkyTours International Logo SkyTours International