Sky Sweepstakes Prize Inc / Scam lottery winnings

1 204 Twisted Oak Dr.Greenwood, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-227-1365

I received a letter on JULY, 1 2008 saying I had won 50, 000.00 dollars and that I had to pay a clearance fee before the money was given. I was told to call London, at [protected] and ask for John Dunn or Martha Howard, thye letter was signed by Leslie Purley--Vice Pesident. This is pure scam, beware people!

Thanks Darby L. Bell.

Comments

• Ar
      9th of Jul, 2008

I received the same letter! They must have a lot of money to give away. I wish someone could jail all these thieves. Beware of mail with no return addresses and form letters. Best Wishes to all.

• Fr
      11th of Jul, 2008

i read your note about sky sweepstakes prize inc. i do same thing and i do not know what to do and i want to have money and can i get it ??? is it fraud ???? i got letter that i won 50000.00 i need to contract john dunn or martha howard

• Ba
      14th of Jul, 2008

I recieved the same letter in the mail today.It said I have 14 days to respond. Did anyone try to contact them and what did they say. What are they wanting???? To Good to be True !! DARNIT !!

• Do
      14th of Jul, 2008

i got the lettre, i won 50, 000 from the sky loto say i won the same.i thought it was con.

14th of Jul, 2008

I received the same letter. I am sure it is pure scam. Old saying is that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

• Ly
      16th of Jul, 2008

Just received same letter; told to contact the same people, using same phone number in U.K. and signed
    by same person as V.P. Only difference is that the return address on the form letter was Central House, Beckwith Knowle, Otley Road, Harrogate, HG3 1WA, U.K.

As others have stated, if it sounds to good to be true, you can bet that IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!
    Oh, well, the five minutes of dreaming about what we could do with the winnings was fun.

• Na
      21st of Jul, 2008

This is absolutely a scam. I work at a grocery store that sends western union and this little old lady came into my store today to send 3000.oo dollars to a man she said she'd never met, but had told her she'd won 50000.oo dollars from. I asked her if she'd ever signed up for sweepstakes, but she said no. Here's a clue for all those that doubt. If you never signed up for their sweepstakes YOU CAN NOT WIN THEM. Seriously. These people look for people that NEED this kind of money, but they have no intention of helping them. Do Not Send them more money. They've already scammed about 30 people. Another thing to note, if its a sweepstakes for a corporation, why are you sending to an individual?

• Mr
      22nd of Jul, 2008

My wife just got the same letter, and thought I would look it up on the net, this it just like the other one we got a few months ago only they sent a check for 3400 for the clearance fee. They said to deposit it and withdraw 2800 within two days and sent it to someone in NY. Only it takes 7 to 10 days for a check to clear from out of state. I waited until 14 days had cleared and found out the check was no good the account was closed. If you don't know if it is good or not just look it up on the net and you will find out.
    It is amazing how one can win when they never even entered!
    If you didn't enter the sweepstakes it is most likely a scam! If you call you will be charge international rates on your phone bill. And will lose any money you send to them.
    I wish they would get busted and put away. DON'T SEND MONEY TO SOMEONE YOU DO NOT KNOW!!! IF YOU WON, WHY SHOULD YOU PAY!!! SENT ME THE MONEY FIRST!!! AND THEN I WILL PAY THE FEES MYSEL[censored]After the check clears in 14 days of course!!!

• Je
      29th of Jul, 2008

Received the same letter stating the same thing the rest of you have said. I never entered their sweepstakes. Hard to win if you never entered. This is a total scam. They need to be stopped.

• Ev
      8th of Aug, 2008

I just received the same exact letter from sky sweepstakes, on August 01, 2008 from director John Dunn, claiming us$50, 000 awarded, to me, and this was my final notice, asking to please contact the office in London phone # 01144-750-440-2328 and ask for John Dunn or Martha Howard. When I saw this letter I got so excited and happy, I just could'nt believe it . But something told me to check online to see if this is real or not and when I look up on it, I saw that this was a scam. I hope that these people will get caught and pay for what they done.

9th of Aug, 2008

I also recieved the same letter, and it is a scam, people beware. Why can't these letters be stopped?

• Bk
      10th of Aug, 2008

I also received this same letter just today. I don't understand how people can get away with hurting people this way. I am a firm believer in karma, what comes around goes around, I don't know when or how, but I do know that there time is out there waiting, and I'm just glad I won't be anywhere by them when it catches them.

• Gu
      17th of Sep, 2008

i just got the same letter today saying i won 50 grand i faxed this letter with my complint to my local sergen general and the internet security center in washington i didn't even bother to call this number

• Be
      21st of Sep, 2008

With your many comments, I have saved a call to the UK and I may have been "suckered" into this disgraceful activity. Thanks a million!

• Da
      23rd of Sep, 2008

SKY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE INC

I recieved a letter earlier this month stating that I had won this 50, 000 dollars and made the mistake of calling this London number and to date have seen no paper work at all. So I almost fell for this scam big time. The letter came from a John Dunn at a # 01144-750-440-2328 and was signed by a Leslie Purley. In todays economic times I can't believe that people like this try to scam people out of their hard earn't money. David E LaPell

• Bi
      4th of Oct, 2008

I got the letter today!!! what a crock!

• Js
      6th of Oct, 2008

I also received the same letter today with Sky Sweepstakes Prize, Inc. address of Central House, Beckwith Knowle, Otley Road, Harrogate. HG3 1WA, U.K. Same MO -- "final notification" that I had won $50, 000 in their sweepstakes and that "clearance fee would be deducted from cheque." Even states "Under Section 22 of the United Kingdom Non Resident Tax Act 2003, all winners must clear full taxes of the money won, it is a criminal offence to authorise winning payments without full tax clearance by the winner." What nerve! They're obviously the criminals. Also indicated I should call 01144-750-440-2328 and ask for John Dunn or Martha Howard, and letter is signed by Leslie Purley Vice President. They're getting clever trying to force you to believe they are legit by spelling words as in England, and citing some Tax Act! My husband said I should try calling for the heck of it but I refused saying, we'd be paying long distance and they'll probably use our phone number for something illegal! Don't do it! Throw it away! or report to your local police department or Attorney General's office, or local newspaper to prevent anyone else from getting burned! Thanks for all your comments, helped me confirm my hunch that this was a raw deal!

• Mi
      7th of Oct, 2008

My elderly father got this letter and was ready to call the number. Luckily I have long distance calling locked out on my phone and he called me at work to find out how to call. I made him promise not to do anything until I got home and then I just showed him this website. Thank you for helping!!!

• Ce
      7th of Oct, 2008

On Sept. 11, 2008, I received a letter via post mail from Sky Sweepstakes Prize Inc. UK. incating that I won $50, 000.00 from UK lottery of May 30, 2008 at no extra cost to myself if I claim within 14 days.

All winners must clear full taxes of the money won and prize winning will be release as soon as Clearance Fee is deducted and paid.

On October 2, 2008, I received a check for $4, 995.00 drawn from Bank of the West, San Jose, Ca. but I was required to pay $2, 995.00 for the Government Tax.

I search the bank on the web and I found this office in San Jose, Ca. Cambrian Branch and the phone number is indicated and they told me that the check I Received drawn from thier bank with check # 192560687 is a counterfeit.

Just imagine if I deposit this check and withdraw $2, 995.00 and sent this via Western Union? I will be out for this amount of money.

Cesar M. Alba

• Fr
      12th of Oct, 2008

I RECIEVED THE SAME LETTER YESTERDAY. I KNEW RIGHT AWAY IT HAD TO BE A SCAM. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE PEOPLE. THIS KIND OF SCAMMER SHOULD BE JAILED.