Sky Facet / Product Never Delivered

1 Jackson, MO, United States Review updated:

Ordered a diamond pendant with necklace from Sky Facet well over a year ago and never received the item. I called over 10 times and each time reconfirmed my mailing address and never received my return of $375. The 18k White Gold Heart Key Diamond Pendant that I ordered never showed up in time for Christmas even though it was promised by the 16th of December. The last time I posted a comment onto this website I received the email below. Sky Facet is a scam ran by a bunch of con artist. My opinion if you want to buy jewelry buy in person at a jewelry shop or buy from Zales, their products actually arrived. Besides, Christmas presents are actually meant to be given.
(MY PRIOR POSTED COMMENT STATED)
This must be removed in order for us to send a check to refund you. We can send you a check but there will be a few stipulations:
1. You may never communicate negatively about Sky Facet in any way shape or form.
2. You must remove all negative posts and complaints.
Customer Commitment Representative 866.528.7899 866.528.7899 info@SkyFacet.com

More Sky Facet Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Eb
      3rd of May, 2010

Re Order #37**6
    Still waiting on my wedding rings 13 days after ordering- 4 weeks until wedding.

Skyfacet is wonderful for selection, customization and price. No other website lets you design your own ring and customize so many variables (style, metal, finish, width, thickness etc).

By far the most frustrating thing about this company is their customer service.

My story begins with trying for one week to contact skyfacet.com (email/phone) - multiple attempts all fail, no one ever got back to me despite being assured by voicemail I would get a reply in 24 hours. I finally got in touch with skyfacet by phone the following week. Reassured I ordered my wedding rings. That day I called several times to ask questions, each time my calls were answered promptly and professionally. I decided to go ahead and order. My total was $595, after completing the paypal payment it became clear something was wrong. My electronic reciept came with a total of $1160 and a name and address in Texas for the shipping address. I immediately called, again the customer service person was professional and fixed the problem. My card was only billed $595 and the address was corrected. The agent said they would correct the email address and send me a reciept.

I waited for a reciept that never came. When I checked my order status online It still had the wrong total charge listed (although in reality I was charged the correct amount) however my address was corrected - except it did not list my apartment number. I have now spent 2 weeks trying to contact skyfacet and failed every time. I leave voicemail and email and never get a response. I am still waiting for a reply and hopeful my rings will arrive before my wedding. Most recently I have tracked down CEO Paul Sanar on Twitter and left him a message to call me.
    - we will see if I get a response

I think consumers should be aware of an additional aspect of skyfacet's business practice - the skyfacet website promotes free second day shipping via fedex - this does not mean you will receive your order 2 days after it is placed, the jewelery will go through a manufacturing process (of undisclosed time) and then it will ship via fedex 2nd day (I am hoping).

My conspiracy theory - skyfacet offers a 100% satisfaction gaurenteee (they will modify the ring you ordered multiple times to make it how you want it). Skyfacet also asks for a wedding date when you order wedding rings. I am suspiscious they attempt to ship the rings as close to the wedding date as possible so people will be less likely to go through the lengthy process of sending rings back and forth to achieve 100% satisfaction.

I was initially hesitant to order from skyfacet because of my fears with people not answering the phone/email questions. I searched the internet and found several people on forums like this who appeared to have retracted their statements (maybe someone from skyfacet found out and finally contacted them) - anyway I am hoping by writing this honest and somewhat negative comment about skyfacet, that someone from the company will contact me and tell me where my order is.

Best of luck if you order from skyfacet.com...its online selection and pricing is unparalleled but you are rolling the dice!

Posted by Ben Ebner on Monday, May 3, 2010