Skin ID / Misleading membership agreement

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I think that this is a horrible and very misleading advertising. I purchased the product once on a trial and you are essentially registered for auto-refills which are sent to you direct.

I had no idea that I had registered for on going refills. However after calling Skin ID it was pointed out to me that it was made very clear on the website during the check out process. I definitely missed it, so how clear is it really. I was not offered any comfort or a resolution. They were happy to let me hang up a dissatisfied customer. Not the customer service I expected.

What is really disappointing is that I even called a couple of times (on other issues- wrong contact information) and at no time did they advise/mention that my membership was an auto-refill membership. I haven't even finished my first refill and now I have a second refill, which I can't return. Apparently this is also on the Terms and Condition. What happens if you want to change the product for a different combination.

So for those wanting to trial this product BEWARE what you are registering for. I am disappointed that such a reputable company like Neutrogena would need to be misleading in nature. Who would think that when you buy a moisturizer/ acne treatment you would be on an going subscription. How do you know if you like it or if it works? I can expect this sort of treatment from mobil providers ect but not a consumer product of this sort. It's very misleading advertising and definitely the website I believe did not make it clear.

I'm a dissatisfied customer and one who would not be retuning. I cancelled my account immediately and I will think twice when buying Neutrogena products and select an alternative in the future.

Comments

• Jr
      29th of May, 2009

I agree, they don't care that they disappoint their customers on the no returns policy. I also still have product left from the first time and now they're charging me another 50 bucks for the second one that I don't want! I will never buy another Neurtrogena product again.

27th of Aug, 2009

You're all just a bunch of stupid illiterate Americans who don't read stuff before you put you credit card number on something. You deserve to be "mislead" you stupid bunch of sheep.

• Do
      14th of Apr, 2010

I was disappointed that there was no way to stop auto-refill. You can delay it for a certain number of days but I still had an abundance of some of the products after delaying as much as I could. I tried contacting customer service through a chat feature they have but after 20 minutes or so, around two in the morning where I was supposed to be able to talk to them 24-7, I gave up on the chat and settled for an email asking if there was a way to stop auto-refill because I had to much product. About a week later they responded saying they canceled my account.

• Na
      17th of May, 2010

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!! I had terrible customer service with this company, i contacted them to cancel my account and they had told me i had no account with them, then 2 months later i received a email saying that my order has shipped and i would receive it shortly, when i contacted them back they told me that they haven't received my email to cancel it, i sent them the email that i got when i canceled it the first time, and i basically told them that i did cancel it and here is the email to prove it, and i dont think i will order from you guys again you have terrible customer service. but i got no response, so when i got the order i sent the item back unopened that was almost 2 weeks ago, but i have received no refund yet i contacted them and they said my account was canceled which it was, but i emailed them back to say that i know it was canceled and i asked for a refund. no response.

• Sc
      1st of Aug, 2010
    Skin ID - Poor Service
    Neutrogena

I've been on hold with the customer service department for over fifteen minutes now. I subscribed to their personalized acne solution program, and after one month, one of the three skin cleaning products (the foam cleanser) had become "unavaliable." An inferior product (a cream cleaner) was sent as a replacement. I found it very greasy to use (why would a skin company make a greasy product for acne sufferers?). A letter explained that as soon as the original product was available, it would be sent to me at no cost. That was two months ago, and I now have TWO tubes of cream cleanser that I don't want.

I tried to resolve the problem through their website, but the login page was not working.

I am now on hold with customer service (20 minutes now!) At least I had the tme to type this! They really know how to kill their customers with kindness!

• Ly
      8th of Aug, 2010
    Skin ID - Horrendous customer service
    Skin iD

I have been trying to get a hold of them for FOUR weeks through customer service and have actually waited on the phone for an hour, sometimes an hour and a half, just to see if anyone would ever answer- of course they never did. I did my laundry, cleaned the dishes and cooked dinner all while on hold. And I got the same response, "we are receiving higher than normal call volume"- really, for four weeks??

I've sent them two emails to no avail-not even an email acknowledging mine. What makes matters worse is that I'm trying to reach them because it turns they pay UPS for the basic service- meaning they can drop the product off in front of the customers door if they are not home. Well, I live in an apartment building and someone stole my product and left the empty box at my door. So now I have had no product for FOUR weeks yet they still charged my acct. UPS states they should reimburse me or send another order b/c they pay for the service. Unfortunately for me, this is the best product I have used and I do not want to have to search for a new one, but if I have to I will. But even if I chose to do that, I doubt I'll be able to get anyone on the phone to cancel!

I've been using them for over a year now and never had a problem- I guess that's because I never had to use customer service until now.