Skechers / unable to return

Wayne, NJ, United States Review updated:

I had purchased a pair of sketches lite sneakers. I put them on when I got home and walked around my house with them on for a couple hours. I then began to feel that they hurt my feet and I would not be able to wear them for my job. It was really hard for me to get back to the store to return them because my full time job as a mother to a 9 month old baby and my full time job in retail. And not to mention the fact that I live an hour away from this store. When I finally got a chance to return them I was told I couldn't because the return policy is 30 days and I went back 31 days. I was a day late. I didn't ask for my money back, I just wanted to get the ones that I knew I would be able to wear that were much more comfortable. But now instead of having comfortable sneakers to wear to work, I am out $54 and have a brand new pair of uncomfortable sneakers still in the box. All because the manager wouldn't exchange them a day late. I've worn sketchers sneakers for work for about 15 years now. But now that I've had such a bad experience with the service at your store I don't think I will be purchasing sketchers anymore. If I didn't want to try a different / lighter sneaker I never would have had this issue. But those are the worst for being on your feet for 13 hours a day. I really hope you can accommodate me in anyway. All I want is to have a comfortable pair of sneakers, not ones that will sit in a box . Thanks .
Sincerely,
Very unhappy customer

Comments

•   Oct 27, 2012

Fail.

• 1h
      Oct 27, 2012

Sketchers suck anyway so it's no surprise you like them, since you suck also. Policies are in place for a reason, and what makes YOU so special that the polies should be waived? You are a spoiled brat of an American with an overblown sense of entitlement. Take those shoes & shove em up your ###, there is REAL suffering in the world, and not being able to return ### shoes isn't a part of it.

• 1h
      Oct 27, 2012

Sketchers suck anyway, so it is no surpise to me that you like them, since you suck also. The policies are set in place for a reason, and what makes YOU so special that they should be waived? You are a spolied brat of an American with an overblown since of entitlement. There is REAL suffering in the world, and not being able to return your [censored] shoes isn't a part of it. Take those shoes and shove them up your as*.