Skechers / shoes fall apart

FL, United States Review updated:

Sketchers are sooo expensive and I used to buy them 3 years ago for my kids - they would actually last the entire school year.
But in the last few years they have been falling apart with VERY POOR quality!
I bought some for the whole family this summer and two pairs look old and the shoe lace backings are falling off.

I guess because all these shoes are made in China they are just CHEAP and not worth the price.

Bottom Line: Buy another brand; I am switching even though my kids really like the shoes (because of all the $$$$ they spend in advertising and targetting our kids).

Comments

• Do
      Mar 30, 2011

I too have a complaint about the quality of Sketcher Shoes. I bought a pair 6 months ago and they have already fallen apart behind the heal, nothing left but the plastic frame. I contacted the company and was for all practical purposes called a liar. I spent a month almost trying to deal with the company being as professional as possible just to be insulted. This problem was not due to wear but poor quality of the product. So my advise to anyone thinking of investing ( that's what it is being the price you pay ) look at other brands. To Sketcher's Company if you read this remember you brought this complaint on yourself for not doing the right thing and backing your product inorder to save a loyal customer. Don in Mississippi, this is only the beginning Sketcher's.

• Vi
      Jun 25, 2011
    Sketchers - INJURY
    sketchers
    3340 SLY PARK RD
    California
    Phone: 530 344-7427

WELL BOUGHT MY SHAPE UPS LAST YEAR DIDN'T GET TO WEAR THEM UNTILL MAY CAUSE OF THE SNOW WAS WALKING MY DOG UP HILL WHEN I GOT TO THE TOP MY RIGHT HEAL WAS HURTING BAD IT FELT REALLY BAD IT TORN THE LIGAMENTS IN THE PROCESS OF MEDICAL ATTENTION WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK OR ANOTHER STYLE THAT IS SAFE TO WEAR SHOE STILL BRAND NEW SPENT ALOT OF MONEY FOR THEM HAVE SOME OF THE OTHER STYLES NEVER A COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM VICKIE TURNER

• Do
      Sep 11, 2013

I also have the same problem. The quality was so bad and last year I had bought 2 pairs of sketcher's shape up with RM399 per pair in Malaysia. I weared a few time only the shoe lace are broken. I have asked the branches whether can repair but they said cannot repair. Regret to purchase as I thought the quality will improve as I known past few years this already been happened but others brand with the same age still look good.

• Bi
      May 16, 2017

Don't buy sketchers if you don't have money to throw away! I bought 2 pair of luxefoam sandals. They both had the soles flopping off in front and back. I bought them during the cooler season (Florida) and put them away in my closet to wear in Spring. What a mistake because now I can't take them back. Sketchers used to have a good product but not anymore! Save your money! I'll never buy sketchers again. Cheap Cheap Cheap.