Sixt Car Rental / charges for non-existent scratch

1 France Review updated:

We rented a car from Sixt in Toulon close the the train station. The car was dirty and covered in dings and scratches. We went round with the agent diligently marking all of the marks and making notes of the mess. We would have asked for another but it we were told it was the only available and it was an Alpha Romeo which at the time seemed pretty cool. Big mistake! We returned it four days later in the same state only to be accused of making a scratch on the side of the car. If there was a scratch at all, it had to be so small we could not see it - and given the damage to the rest of the car this seemed ridiculous. Anyway, sure enough we got charged EU369.39 on our charge card even though we had taken out the collison waiver. Complained to our credit card company who took the charges off the card but now we are being hounded by an awful company name of Intrum Justitia who are baying for legal action, nothwithstanding we have sent them photographic proof of non-damage, etc. It is outrageous. Never do business with this company!

Wg

Comments

21st of Sep, 2010

I' ve rented a car in Paris in august 2010. from the office from gare de l'est paris. the agent sent me 3 streets away to pick up the car from parking. the car was parked at 4th floor in the darkness corner. nobady was there to give me the car. i had inspected the car, looking around to see any visible damage. because it was too dark i didn't see much. i've took the car and left. i have returned on the 17th august at charles de gaulle airport sixt's office. the agent from that office looked at the car and sayd that everything is ok. no paper has been made. just put me to sign in electronic device like a PDA. i asked what to sign for and reply for returning the car. i left france on 17th of august and on 20th of august they charge my credit card for rental fee. On 20th of september they charge my credit card again with 250 euro for a damage at the car that was rented by my. they took the money and after that send me an email with a service report and a bill for 250 euro. when a wrote to sixt they send me another email with pictures of car scratched, but frfom those pictures i can't tell where are made, when are made and also a report signed by me with the damage. i didn't sign any paper at returning the car (just in that pda where nothing was written jus a blank screen), i didn't received any paper from sisx when i returned the car.

WHEN YOU RENT A CAR ASK THE AGENT TO GO WITH YOU TO CECK THE CAR.
    DON' T SIGN IN ANY ELECTRONIC DEVICE, BECAUSE YOUR SIGNATURE CAN BE PUTTED ON ANY PAPER AFTER THAT. ASK FOR PAPERS SO YOU CAN READ WHAT IS WRITTEN AND ASK FOR YOUR OWN COPY SIGNED BY THEIR AGENT.
    DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD, IF IT'S POSSIBLE, BECAUSE THEY CAN CHARGE YOU ANYTIME AFTER YOU LEAVING THE COUNTRY.

DON'T RENT CAR FROM SIXT !!!