Six Flags Great Americadidn't make it inside six flags great america and the park management refuse to refund my money

A few people and I decided to take a trip to Six Flags on August 8, 2010. Once we had our tickets scan a friend of mine needed her bag checked while she gathered all the children together. I did a favor my taking the bag up to the table where the guy was searching. This lady from no where accuse me of cutting in front of her and she aggressively shoved and cursed at me right in front of the security guard. Once I defended myself by asking her not to shove me while at the same time using profanity as well.The security guard points me out and tells me to leave. Now remind you that I never made it passed the bag check area. Not only did he not kick this other lady out that initially started the argument, but he refuse to refund my money as well. I don't think that it's ethically for Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL to keep my money if I didn't have a chance to enter the park. Honestly, they stole my money for parking and for tickets because I wasn't in the park for no more than 2 minutes. I drove 2 hours to Great America just to park for 10 minutes then leave. All I ask for is a refund and they won't give it to me.

Da

Comments

• Sh
      Aug 25, 2010

If I knew who that rude woman was that shoved you I would have filed a complaint against her in court for battery, but since it isn't clear in your complaint that you knew her in any way, then that would not be an appropriate avenue. I would find the corporate office for Six Flags and relay the situation to someone in the executive team and see what they will do about it. Oftentimes, the park itself is powerless to do anything but since you did nothing wrong from the way I read your report, that guard should not have told you to leave since you didn't start any argument with anyone. Corporate can and should do something about getting your money back as well as the local police department for theft of admission fees and parking since you were not admitted to the park facilities. I am curious though why anyone would go to a place that searches through your personal belongings just to enter a family oriented park. Without a warrant or probable cause to suspect that someone has something on their person, the search is to my mind illegal. I would never visit a place that requires my person or bags searched unless there is a very compelling reason for requiring it, like at an airport for instance. Adventureland in Altoona, IA does not check bags or persons entering the park.

Aug 25, 2010

Profane language or not, is not the same as shoving someone. How would you like it if someone accused you of doing something that you didn't do? I imagine you would be pretty damn indignant as well. And I still stand by not going to a place that searches bags or persons.

Aug 25, 2010

Probably not nearly as bad as children don't know any better. People usually know the difference if something is done on purpose or not. I have kids myself and I still would not go anywhere that searches people. Constitutional rights, remember or should we all just give up our liberties and let corporations push us around? I say not going to happen. She did travel over 2 hours to go to the park in the first place and then to not even get in, is an insult. The least the company should do is refund her admission fee since the guard did not even let her in. I sure wish I knew his/her side of the story, but its unlikely that anyone ever will say what happened in an objective manner.