Sitecube / unautherised charging PayPal account after Cancelation

1 UnKnown- not publishedCity Unknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: UnKnown- not published

This is a Web hosting service with a nice "flash based" template site builder.
I signed up for a 3 month term to see if it would work for my website, www.TheRochesterHerald.com, a news based website. After 2 months of trying to make it work for me, I found that as I had a lot of pictures to go along with my news "copy" that this site wouldn't support that. Also, I couldn't place ads to sell ad space. There had been many other "issues" as well, 1) after a big mass mailling to anounce the birth of the site, their system crashed and I was off line. 2) the pages wouldn't load 3) the "hit" counter stopped working many times, ... on and on. Then the template I was using, they just up and discontinued leaving my site looking stupid, they told me to pick another one and do site over. I was with them from june 2008 to Aug. 2008. I then went to Register.com, moved all my content from siteCube. Then, as the only way of contact with them is thru a "chat line" and a "got a Question" form" I let them know I had moved my buisiness over to Register.com. This was the only way available to me at the time to contact them.
Then, ... on Sept. 22, 2008 I saw they charged me another $107.25 for another Quater! I went on their "chat line" and was told I would be refunded in 12 hrs. 3 days later as no refund had been forthcomming, I contacted PayPal and opened a complaint for "unautherized use". I again went on SiteCubes "chat line" and was told I had to Email them and send it from my email address. So I copied and pasted the entire chat, as well as filling a 3rd notice of cancelation to the email address provided me thru the chat session. All contacts with SiteCube were ignored. PayPal couldn't reverse the charge as Sitecube claimed I never canceled my subscription, (I didn't even know I subscribed in the first place) So I ended up getting it reversed by my bank.
SiteCube has a fair product, but their customer service sucks big time! As well as their abillity to keep it running and on the internet. They knew I canceled, They knew there wasn't activity on my site, and knew that they were no longer hosting my site. I think, ... by the lack of contact ability with them, and their use of our english, that SiteCube isn't in the US at all. They attempted to steal funds from me and thought I wouldn't bother with it. They were wrong. If I needed to, ... I would've draged them here, to Accord, New York and stand in front of a judge. They would've payed me in full together with ALL costs and fees! ... So help me God!

Comments

Sh
  30th of Nov, 2008

Iam having a similar issue, and am waiting for my refund too. After reading this, i called my bank to dispute the charges, so now am waiting to see what will happen. These people do not even have good customer service and the whole system sucks. Its a shame really. Anyway, wish me luck, coz this is utterly ridiculous. How does someone charge my card without my consent. CRAZY!!!

Vi
  24th of Oct, 2009

SiteCube is one company to avoid at all costs! I am trying to cancel my reseller account, and get a refund of my money that is on account to expedite new sign-ups.

Their rep told me that it was not possible to refund my money, and they are refusing to cancel my reseller account.

My one customer was so disappointed with the poor bandwidth (they uploaded music as they are a band, which would not play back smoothly, it sounded like crap) that I had to refund their money completely.

It was a total loss - and now SiteCube is telling me that they plan to steal my $139 balance in my account.