Sit Up TV / accused of fraud
Well what can you say after using bid up and price drop tv for over 4 years my wife has just been accused of fraud by the customer services of Price drop TV.
To say we are not happy is a understatement i will explain my sorry tale below but i urge everybody who has experienced anything like this to contact the BBC Programme Watchdog, i have and already spoken to one of their researchers who is interested in the story due to the amount of complaints they are receiving so contact them by the following link. And together we can show that ignoring customers is not a smart plan http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/
on a Sunday not so long ago we bid on a item on price drop tv via the website and won (the item was a Video camera)
We made payment straight away and thought everything was ok after a few days we checked the progress of the order via the web site only to find the account blocked, so rather concerned we rang them and listed below is what followed. i have just listed it in bullet points to make it easier.
1. Sunday placed bid and won paid straight away
2. Tuesday payment taken from card
3. Wednesday account blocked
4.Wednesday morning placed call to be told they could not talk about the issues as we had committed fraud and a letter would follow to explain why!!!
5. Saturday no letter so phoned them they said they could not validate the credit card so we gave them the details and account passwords and they said every thing was okay (remember they had taken the money on the previous tuesday)
6. Sunday checked site to see our order had been returned!!! to carrier
7. Sunday lunchtime yet another phone call to them only to be told we had sent the item back (very hard when it had never arrived in the first place) and still no sign of the letter they promised.
8. Monday while checking the credit card statement on line noticed they had refunded the money to the account by this time we had had enough and just wanted to cancel the item.
9. Monday afternoon yet another phone call to ask what was going on had to explain all of the above again and told them i wanted to cancel the order (line goes dead)
10. Monday afternoon call 2 LIne goes dead again
11. Monday afternoon call 3 managed to get through the whole story again with out the phone being slammed down on us. Only to be told the sale was legally binding and the order could not be cancelled even though they had refunded my money
12. Tuesday while trying to close the internet account i noticed that a order had been dispatched so check on line to see they had taken money from my credit card and generated a new order buy this time i was blazing and still am
13. Tuesday Afternoon phoned again only to be told they will not cancel the order so i asked where the letter was explaining our alleged fraud they said they did not need to send one now because payment had been taken i asked them which payment the first one or the one after they refunded the first one. only to be told the reason they thought we where committing fraud is because the card is not registered to the house YES IT IS AND HAS BEEN FOR 4 YEARS !!! and that it is not a british credit card YES IT IS ITS A VIRGIN CARD of course its issued by a scottish bank so unless Scotland is no longer a part of the UK your talking rubbish.
All through not one sorry or call back as promised so now i have contacted the watchdog programme and will be contacting my solicter to seek advise about the way they just take money of your card and the accusation of fraud.