Sirius Satellite Radio / refund of being double billed

Ponca City
2 months ago I signed up for Sirius satellite radio with the basic plan. Once I hit the website to register, it told me it was billing me the 17 dollars for the service, plus some kind of activation fee. The total came out to $54.00.

The problem began when I checked my bank statement and realized that somehow, Sirius billed me twice! The total on my bank statement billed from Sirius was around $108. So I calmly called them, informed them of the situation. They wanted me to fax them a copy of my bank statement, which I did, and said that it should be cleared up in 3-5 business days.

2 weeks later, the issue had not been resolved, so I again called in. This time I informed the agent the case number, to which I was on hold for about 20 minutes. She came back and said her escalation department was looking into the case and the refund should be in my bank account within 3-5 business days.

2 weeks later (I'm not kidding) with nothing done, I called in again. At this point, I'm disgusted with the service of their billing department. I inform the agent the case number, he puts me on hold for about 10 minutes, comes back and says the refund should be there within 2-3 business days. Again?! This time, I don't take that for an answer and I tell him thats not going to cut it. He tells me he can't do anything about it, so I told him to get me someone that could and I want my money now or I will cancel the account altogether. After putting me on hold for about 20 minutes, he comes back and says his supervisor is busy and I can either wait on the phone or he would call me in about 15 minutes. I just hang up.

I will be calling in again this afternoon to get my money or cancelling my account. Satellite radio is nice when your in the middle of nowhere, but when you have an ipod, it's not necessarily needed.

Screw Sirius. Their billing is a joke and getting money back from them takes a miracle...I will never own another Sirius/XM radio ever again. I can deal with the FM stations, it's the same music/commercial/music format anyway...

A  14th of Nov, 2009 by
Called Sirius to be reminded of my username for my Sirius iPhone app. By the time the call was over, my credit card had been billed $282. Had to cancel my entire account just to get the refund. The customer service staff at Sirius is horrible. They don't know the product they're selling and they're obviously paid based on sales, even sales not authorized.

Sirius XM Radio Logo Sirius XM Radio