Singtel / service

I am not the only one experiencing those bad service provided as it also occurs to my friends and family members. It has been to the extend that I decide to write in not only for myself but on behalf of those around me who is also receiving such bad service from Singtel.

All the while I never took a Singtel line before as I heard of all the complains about the bad services people encountered.

2 years ago, I signed up for a phone with a Singtel plan and right now I really must agree with the people out there who complain about Singtel.

Whenever I have encounter problems and call their hotline, I had to be put on hold countless times, sometimes up to an hour just to get a officer to speak to me.

The call centre will not direct u to their manager when u ask them to & leave you hanging on the line until you got frustrated yourself and hang up.

Wrong billing, bills get sent to the wrong address, signing up for services and got forgotten and didn't get activated, transfers of services that didn't happen even though it was done personally at the customer service counter.

That is not all, the most frustrating is they will first refuse to take any responsibility for anything, trying to insinuate that it is your fault/responsibility, often had no clear answers to questions, and many times, they promised to get back to me, but just kept me waiting for a week and yet no calls from them. Until I have to just keep calling them up and pestering them everyday to let them remember my issue for almost 2 weeks to get one tiny problem solve. Is this what Singtel is most famous for?

Worst of all, after all the calls and all the issues that is happening, we are very disappointed with the service and told the customer service that we are going to cancel all lines from Singtel and guess what? He actually say "OK!" What kind of service is this?
Come on Singtel, look into the issues of all the subscribers. We are all very busy people. We don't have the time to call you everyday just to get one tiny problem solve.

Just one simple thing, get the relevant department who is in charge to call us and settle the issue rather then transferring here and there putting on hold and get no answers.

I think such problems reflects badly on their management.
If Singtel has been doing this all the time to many customers, I guess the CEO should look into this isnt it?

Also, their staffs can promise you anything such as return your call, look into your matter, but never keep their promise.

This is a deplorable standard of customer service that is typical of most big organizations in Singapore. These are organisations that pride themselves on excellence. What excellence, when they refused to give a reply to a customer?

Isn't singtel's service supposed to be one of the best? Or does it mean that they are the largest mobile company in Singapore and therefore we as customers have to abide by their way of life?

Customer service is one of the most important aspects of any business. I believe that without customers to purchase the business's products and services, the company cash flow dries up faster than a rain shower in the desert.

This is the 1st time I have sign up for a Singtel line and will also be the last time. As after being a Singtel user of 2 years, I really must agree that they are inefficient and provides bad service.

I am not the only one that is utterly disappointed or feels that Singtel is very arrogant. Me and a few friends who have hold Singtel line before had a chat and all of us feels the same.

And Singtel has proved us right.

Believe me or not, try their service and you know I am right.

Comments

• La
      Oct 19, 2011

I absolutely agree with your comments and am currently facing this situation. I am pending to bring my issues to a higher authority but unfortunately I am staying overseas and cant come home to handle this matter. Also, having to wait ages on the line overseas just to speak with any CS agent really drives you mad - especially i have a job to hold and not sitting up as a tai tai overseas!

My mobile line is misappropriated and i am slapped with $490, routing calls, that looked so suspicious upon my own investigation. But none of the CS are ever keen to assist or call back.

I have been more than 20years 'customer' with STel!! and dreading the inconvenience of changing a provider, i hung on to all the issues i have had...

I am still waiting for some assistance, and wondering how long I should continue to wait...

• Eg
      Dec 05, 2011

I have had the exactly the same problem with lines being cut off, billing errors and the really bad hot line (should be cold line, or frozen line). Having spoken to my friends who dumped Singtel years ago, they say that this typical of the rubbish service and that the name Singtel has long had a meaning in Singapore:
    S = Service;
    I = Is
    N = No
    G = Good
    T: Terrible and
    L : Lousy.
    That sounds right to me. I have also been told that SingTel's "red colour" is a warning that should be taken as "Stop" don't go into the Hello / Singtel shop.

• Eg
      Dec 05, 2011

Actually the full meaning of Singtel is:
    S = Service
    I = Is
    N = No
    G = Good
    T = Terrible and
    E = Extremely
    L = Lousy
    = S.I.N.G.T.E.L, the 'extremely' is very important because that everything about this company's service is extremely lousy. I like the red warning color will remember that from now on everytime I go past the Hello shop. Maybe it should be named the Goodbye Shop.

Jan 21, 2013

Singtel sucks and I really made a huge mistake signing up to the poorest service provider in SG, lets all join together to spread the bad experience so they will not end up like us, Singtel sucks

• Re
      Oct 15, 2015

Why Does The internet connection lag so much? THe Internet lags so much i cant even use it properly

• Cc
      May 25, 2016

the singtel evolve internet broadband has no connection since last Saturday 21 May.
    i have been calling 1606 since and until today the problem is still not resolved.
    from 8 am today untill now, i am still waiting for the Opennet technician to turn up...
    my question is WHEN is Singtel going to resolve our problem ???

office location, 30 Orange Grove Road RELC Bldg unit 708, S258352
    my contact : 6235 2630, 9638 9250

• Al
      Sep 13, 2016

Same issues happens to me. They are just poor service. After signed up with them for more than 20 years++. I will look for the telco once my two contract ends.