Singtel Broadband / connectivity

hi i got broadband on mobile connection for my laptop and the no. is [protected]. the contract which i have signed for 2 yearsis for 4000kbps speed. but till date i just got only max speed that is 20kbps, by which i cant open a simple page on net. more than 10 times i hve complained to 1688 regarding the same but nothing happened. one customer care is Mr XANDER told me that its coverage problem so somebody from coverage deptt. will come to your residence to sort out the problem or i'll give you a call. but i am just waiting for last 20 days, no one came, i have made a big mistake to choose singtel, now i think i have to cry for 2 years, Or can any one help me then mail me- [protected]@yahoo.com

Comments

• Ye
      Jan 08, 2011

Yes, I agree.

I got the singtel broadband mobile service, the service level during 7pm to 10pm is so terrible manytimes 0 KB or 15 KB. I sign up for a 2 MB speed. So I complaint to singtel. They say it is shared service and I should have read the contract. I told them I am a consumer, so if it is only 50% service level, at least I still can accept. But, it is almost not working worst than dail up.
    They ask me to switch for singnet, but they only have complex package on promotion, so I ask if they could let me terminate since their advert/communication was misleading. But, they refuse and insist that unless I change to SingNet broadband, I have to continue with the existing line, which I find is very inconsiderate.

• Mt
      Apr 20, 2011

I using singtel mobile broadband @ 989A Jurong west street 93.
    But connection too slow.
    Please check connection at this area.

• Tr
      Jan 15, 2012
    singtel broadband - The worst signal i have ever experinced since dial up...
    Singapore

i have singtel broadband at a new condo (6 months old) and the service is shocking. Despite dozens of excuses they (Singtel) cannot provide my home with sufficient and consistent hi speed coverage for my social let alone my business needs. The contract i have is a 6Mbps/MIO TV/Tel, which should be more than enough for my simple requirements. The connection works fine at or near the TV/Modem but disappears when you exceeed about 4 mts distance. My home office where i really need a hi speed connection is almost non existence despite back feeding through the new network cabling in the aptmnt and using Aztec Home plugs to get some kind of signal (at me cost). I have now had 8 seperate visits from so called technicians and experts (joke) and i still have the worst connection i have ever experienced and that includes spells in Jakarta and KL. I am totally disappointed in Singtel, their idea of customer service is to send people around, make lots of calls but do absolutely nothing. Unfortunately from what i have seen so far the competition does not seem any better. How will Singapore compete in the hi speed interconnected world if the best they have cannot give me broadband in my home??? Duh!

• Se
      Jan 16, 2012

I have the a bad experience in 2011 year with Singtel, a girl called from Singtel in Oct (if am not wrong) said they were giving 2 months trial period for their Fibre Broadband. and said no cost for 2 Mths and no obligation.
    But after their installation I found the speed is exactly the same as Starhub. and the worst thing is even I did not use it, it automatically started charging me after 2 Mths, then I called Singtel customer line, but the SYSTEM said I already subsxribed but no body can prove it ... its a TOTAL CHEATING, TYPICAL SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT STYLE CHEATING, THEY JUST PRESUME THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO FIND OUT WHO ACTUALLY DID THE CRIME, AND THIS IS WHAT SINGAPOREAN DID FOR THE PAST YEARS. THE MAKE THE SYSTME AND MAKE EVERY REAL INTENTION UNDER HOOK... AND YOU FALL IN WITHOUT A HINT WHERE TO GO COMPLAIN AS THEIR SYSTME KEEP CHANGING, PEOPLE KEEP CHANGING, EVEN THEIR WEBSITE KEEP CHANGING MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE A SUCH AN IDOT AND THEY ARE WAHHHH PROFESSIONAL, ISNT IT .

KEEP AWAY FROM SINGAPORE!

• Pu
      Nov 17, 2012
    singtel broadband - Singtel Broadband with poor network speed
    Singtel
    Singapore

What is Fiber Broadband? I have upgraded our home broadband to fiber with Singtel. This is where my nightmare starts. First day of installation, I was told that Opennet’s cable was faulty. The subsequent appointment, I got the Fiber Broadband installed. When I got home, I found out that additional power switch was required from current 24/7.
    This means that I have to pay additional S$20 per month for Fiber Broadband and additional electricity bill. I was looking forward to a higher speed network. I am so disappointed! The network speed was worst than before. Singtel technician came and confirmed that there was tremendous drop of network speed at the toilets due to the structure of the house. I am staying in a 4-room HDB and not 3/4 stories bungalow. At times, there was no network!
    Another Singtel Technician came and confirmed the poor network reading. He suggested plugging in wireless router + Powerline. Additional 2 more power switches are required whenever we need internet connection. No one in the house play online gaming. We only need internet connection for 1 laptop and 1 desktop. This is absurd and driving me crazy!
    Perhaps Singtel should consider regulating the way broadband providers are allowed to advertise speeds. Or, testing connection speeds in the homes of random consumers to make sure they're living up to their promises. I am aware that contract with Singtel and IDA will not intervene. Can I use lemon law for the poor quality? Will IDA do anything further to improve the current state of broadband and afford some rights to broadband users?
    I paid for a service that I did not receive. Who can help me now????