Singlesnet / Rip off

United States Review updated:
SinglesNet charges my credit card but provides no service. I have e-mailed them numerous times and never received a useful response. I have called them on 3 occasions and each time I talked to a "Nerd?". Although I have a upgraded account, I could not reply to any e-mails from interested people. The last straw was when, while on the phone with them, they deleted the names of all those who had previously contacted me!

Is there a means of recovering my $ or, a group that I can report them to?

Comments

Ki
  3rd of Dec, 2007
Was just billed by Singlesnet despite repeatedly telling them ot stop and to cancel my subscription.
Jo
  3rd of Jun, 2008
These people are scammers and liars.
Er
  1st of Jul, 2008
Terrible website, stay away all!
  9th of Oct, 2008
I sent my membership money with 2 pictures to singlesnet.com they said they'd post the pics in ten working days. It's been 6 weeks and no photos. I asked for a refund and they said I was too late even though I was within the 30 day refund time limit. They cashed my check on the 27th of August. it is now October 8th and still no photos or refund. I've called them 2 times at my expense and all I get is promises and a refund denial. They have also refused to answer any emails sent to them about this matter.
Ba
  9th of Oct, 2008
Take them to small claims court...works every time.
  21st of Oct, 2008
Without a doubt the laziest, most sloven and inept on line meat market ever it is not worth a popcorn *** in a whirlwind!!! I have been a member off and on several times and it has the most confused shallow members any where the females on there mostly are not paid members and just set and prey waiting for someone to come along so they can string them along. The ones I have met and dated have a body count of husbands behind them and so many so called relationships that it is almost unbelievable. The service is lousy even when you are a paid member and the investment is way to much for the service you get. I have filed several complaints and have not ever received a answer back from the so called stall. When you do terminate your membership this is ignored also and they keep charging your credit card, this will even occur after repeated phone calls. The place is a total ripoff.
  22nd of Oct, 2008
I have tried Singlesnet a couple of times. I am very upset with them. I was receiving fake emails. For example one picture was of a man in California. His picture showed Gray hair and blue eyes. His profile said Black hair and brown eyes. When you try to look up some of the people from your emails they simply aren't there, ANY WHERE under search!

Someone was placing pictures over a guy I had met. The profile belonged to the picture showing. To make you think you are talking to the one that was showing when in reality I was talking to the guy whos picture was underneath. I reported all of these problems to Singlesnet with no help in the responses I received.

So beware of all of these problems with them!!!
Ro
  20th of Nov, 2008
I TOTALLY AGREE with all the fake profiles and people on that site that want your $$$$$$$$$ I WOULD NOT GIVE THEM ONE RED CENT
Ro
  20th of Nov, 2008
If they are taking money out of your bank account I WOULD CALL the Attorney Generals Office and the Dept of Consumer Affairs
Rl
  2nd of Jul, 2009
I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON YOUR WEB SITE ANY MORE TAKE ME OFF YOUR SITE!!!EMAIL ADDRESS IS lagar569@yahoo.com take me off site and picture too!!!thank you
Rl
  2nd of Jul, 2009
TAKE ME OFF YOUR SITE!!!
Af
  4th of Jan, 2010
afrointroductions.com is a company that provided my personal information to some of it's members, including my name, address, phone number, email address and IP address. the information was posted in their chatroom. this information has been used by its members for identity theft and there have been attempts to hack into my computer as a result of this security breach.
Be
  29th of Aug, 2010
°I signed up with Singlesnet on 7/14 and only stayed on for 2-3 weeks tried to resign from site and kept on getting confirmation numbers that my account was closed but I would be allowed to access it until August 14th. I resigned on the 10th, the 11th and the 13th. They still charged me for another month. They told me they never got the resignations. Now I have to change my bankcard to prevent them charging me again and I did report them to the BBB in Dallas Texas. Not good business practices!!!The people on the phone were adamant about not refunding my $24.95
St