Singapore Airlines / Mishandling baggage

On 27th July 2018, I flew on SQ184 SIN-SGN for a 4D3N. Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh, my check in luggage was missing. I proceed to Lost & Found counter to submit a report.

The report submit between 1530-1535hrs. File reference SGNSQ30491. I was given a compensation of 1million VND ( about $62 SGD for that day itself ) and was told it was for delayed baggage. After submitting the report, I proceed straight to hotel while waiting for updates from the Ground Handling Agent. On the same day, I logged into World tracer to monitor (Worldtracer.aero/filedsp/sq.htm). To my horror, there was no match or tracing found. I highlighted the matter to reception upon check in, just in case there is any calls from airport regards to my luggage. I waited the whole night but there was no update.

The next morning, after breakfast I proceed to reception to enquire. They informed me there is no updates. I proceed back to my room and rang up the airport as the number relected on the Missing Report @ 84-28-[protected]. It was not in service!! Again i felt frustrated. I email at [protected]@sats.com.sg... but no reply. I dropped a text to my friend back in Singapore if he could give SATS Lost & Found a call to check. 30 minutes later, he replied back saying my luggage was mishandled upon check in at Changi Airport. The bag flew on SQ flight bound for Perth! And it would be return back on SQ flight on the 28th evening flight. It would then be forward on FIRAV on SQ178/29th SIN-SGN eta 1330HRS.

The next day (29th July ), as usual after breakfast, I proceed back to my room while waiting for updates from airport. My luggage was delivered to my hotel room by bellboy at 2100hrs, luggage was dirty, dusty n handle was shaky. Can you imagine that my day went by just like that? I waited the whole day for my luggage when the flight arrived at ETA 1330HRS???? I was angry and frustrated, same as the 1st 2 days that I'v been through!

The next day( 30th July ), I checked out and head back to airport.

I am annoyed, disappointed with the service provided by Ground Handling Agent in SGN and Singapore Airlines. The 03 days ordeal that I have to go through is unbearable. My hypertension medication was in the luggage n Thank Goodness, nothing happened to me.

Please enlighten me, 03 days of no updates from Ground Handling Agent or Singapore Airlines! When check under world tracer, no match found, tel no., not in service. Email... no replied. This is by far the worst holiday or service I encountered. I was actually looking to a great short trip BUT it went DISASTER! For 3 days I didn't enjoyed myself. Put yourself in my position.

I am so disappointed with the whole trip that I REGRET flew with Singapore Airlines.

Singapore Airlines, I do not accept such service provided by Ground Handling Agent in SIN n SGN. As a Ground Handling Service for Singapore Airlines, it such a shame with the service that they provide for their customers.

I am filing for compensation for the ordeal that I have gone through for more than 24hrs without my luggage.

I hope this would not be the last trip on Singapore Airlines.

Looking forward to hear your prompt reply,

Regards,