Singapore Airlinesmisdirected baggage causing a delay at changi airport

I am a pps member (Kris flyer member number [protected]) who flies singapore airlines frequently. On 30th december, I flew back with my family from london heathrow to singapore on sq 305. Our booking reference was 8mf607. My husband simon padley and my 5 year old daughter isabelle padley flew with me. After many hours flying from london to singapore, we were severely jet lagged and tired as it was a uk day flight.
We were extremely disappointed that our luggages did not turn up at the belt. The helpful ground staff helped us to finally locate it within changi airport as it had been misplaced elsewhere. This meant we had to stay over 1.5 hours (After long haul flight and time difference) to wait for the last luggage on belt and then wait further to get it transferred back. This was a straight forward flight direct from london to singapore with no connections so I do not understand why our luggages were not directed to our luggage belt but to somewhere else in changi airport.
Considering this is the second time I am facing luggage issue in 3 months, I find it sub standard and not really acceptable. The last time the problem was attributed to the incompetence of hong kong international airport when I also lodged a complaint for my luggage failing to turn up.
I hope to hear from singapore airlines on process improvement and mitigating controls to deliver a higher standard of delivery.
I worked and lived in the uk for 7 years and had not faced such an issue with british airlines and london heathrow airport despite the volume of passengers they deal with so singapore airlines and changi airport still have areas for improvement.

Si