Singapore Airlines / bad customer service
I booked some tickets from Milan to Singapore several months in advance for an Xmas holdiay for my family. On checking in at Milan airport, I was refused my boarding cards on the basis that I was unable to produce the exact credit used for the orginal purchase. The reason for this is that my bank had issued me with a new card. We were refused boarding and told we had to buy NEW tockets in order to leave as scheduled. When I asked for an explanation I was told it was on their website and it was company policy and I shuold have known better. Not only did it cost me to have the tickets 'changed' the staff were unhelpful and very disinterested.
The only reason for flying with SIA was that they are supposed to be a great airline. Well, they are not. They argue its done for fraud reasons. Well, if they already have my money for 3 months and I am atually the same person that paid for those tockets, what issue is fraud here? In any case, its not for SIA to manage alleged credit card fraud, that's what credit card companies do and why they charge us high %, no?.
As I was paying for the 'new' tickets, I decided to change the return flight to return a few days later. I didn't notice this was not done until I arrived in Singapore, due to the stress of the arguments and lack of concern by SIA. I made many calls only to be refered from one desk to another, after I blew my top, they finally agreed.
If you complain, you will be treated shoddily, your complaint will take months to be responded to and then you will be told more or less 'sorry but those are the rules'. Imagine if you buy a ticket for your son or daughter and they cannot produce the credit card, they will have exactly the same problem. Its not that I'm angry, its that SIA really doesn't give a monkey's and yet they charge exhorbitant prices for an average service and over-priced tickets. I will NEVER use them again.
Be aware, you will get better value for money, much better customer service if you trabel with any other airline, trust me I have travelled nearly all of my life and can tell you this is unacceptable by ANY standards.
More Singapore Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Singapore Airlines - refusal of compensation for delayed flights 
- Silkair (Singapore Airlines) - never received our refund 
- Singapore Airlines - lost property and damaged bag
- Singapore Airlines - lost/delayed baggage 
- Singapore Airlines - bad service 
- Singapore Airlines - charging change fees for lombok flights
- Singapore Airlines - damaged baggage
- Singapore Airlines - unethical behavior to disabled wheelchair passengers by airport staff. 
- Singapore Airlines - Atrocities i went through at Delhi airport due to ground staff incompetence
- Singapore Airlines - Mishandling baggage