sims 3Just Heads Up

N Review updated:

Either right or wrong, EA "Electronic Arts" isn't really at fault, they just made hard decisions which everyone does. I've worked for the customer service department for 12 years, and in those years I have never had soo many calls from people complaining about a game I never even tried or played for myself. Anyways, we do have our share of problems at my company, sometimes we have a deadline to release things to retail and sometimes it doesn't work right. We try our best to fix these problems and sometimes it takes some hard dedication to fix and lower the problem. So back to EA. EA released a wonderful game, and iti s the Sim 3 We decided to test them ourselves on 13 up todate computers. It seemed like 5 of those computers ran the game fine under specific settings and hardware. The 8 others had some kind of wierd out problems with the game.

As we took notice of this we concluded the game has problems with the newer quadcores using highend ram and newly released video cards. This is a problem that EA has caused, even though I don't like blaming other companies that are partners with us, I feel EA has rushed this game to meet marketing standards. EA, is a huge company with hundreds of chain companies connected to them in a network. Sims 3 might seem important to everyone on here, but let me remind you, EA owns hundreds of other games. Most of these games have more importance and depending on the varacious problems, EA will only fix them if need be. It seems The Sims 3 have a 50/50 chance of running ok with most computers even with glitches.

EA has two choices, to extend the period of releasing the game and making more customers agitated or fix the biggest problem of them all. One of them was to extend the 3D Glide Accelerator Wrapper in the Sims 3 game to make it more stable and graphics lush. The other problem was getting the game coded right to work with newer forms of quadcores that just rolled out 2nd quarter. The problem is, was that EA chose a decision they knew would cost them and that was to release it with problems and than work out the bugs. EA had another bigger problem, they were losing to current lawsuits from other companies, Sims fans were pressuring for a release, and they were losing a lot of money. Before you guys start bashing the game, understand that, most of the people who wanted the release soo bad was the consumers, and regardless if EA is at fault, you made them rush the game, and they did. Does EA marketing team like what they did, no, did they do it out of money, not really, they wanted to make their fans happy and didn't want to lose that. Every big coorporation is known to fall, and it happens, and EA is struggling just like every big company out there. Always keep an open mind and better things will come up shortly!

• J
      Dec 29, 2009

Although this is true, it will most likely cost them alot more when 50% of those computers dont run this game and people get their money back. I have a problem with the sims 3 game not running right, and I am definitely getting my money back. I understand that they are always under pressure with this sort of thing, but if you make a product that only works half the time, people are gonna be more upset than they would if they had had to wait just a little bit longer for a game that would have less or no problems. Well that ends my opinion and that ends my days of buying EA games.

• M
      Feb 12, 2010

O please that is such crap..

• M
      Feb 12, 2010

Yeah, I would of waited a million years before I shelled out 40 bucks on a game that ran like this one did! Wow, that's so lame to hear.. I guess you never heard of if a product isn't done right don't do it at all??? I just got this game last night and downloaded it.. I completely and utterly upset and then to hear some one say, O we know our games ### but we needed to release it bc the people could no longer wait.. O gee That there should be a ticket to take the ### off the market and redo it.. RECALL!

• S
      Apr 10, 2010

EA Should not be selling broken games. I got this for my kids and it's been a HUGE nightmare and endless tears because it's broken and does not work correctly. WOW doesn't have this problem. SL doesn't have this problem. It is EA's fault because they are NOT testing the game before sending it out. It appears all they care about is making money. It's taking them six months to fix the game they DO send out. There are endless bugs in this a total game kill! Each expansion creates even more bugs from the original game. Reporting the bugs takes forever and to sit there and report them all I am writing novels. DO NOT SELL BROKEN GAMES. I do not care how many games EA creates if they can't do it right don't do it at all! Currently mu Omni plant that we worked so hard for can't be fed. As soon as I handed in my steaks for the quest my option to feed my Omni VANISHED INTO THIN AIR. Other members of my household can feed my Omni and they are at level ZERO in gardening. My gardens are also freezing and halt all together, they just stop growing:0 It took EA six month to fix the guitar skill. We are locked out of buildings! I came home from China after spending endless hours mastering skill AND COULD NO LONGER SPAR!!! The option to SPAR just vanished into thin air and EA can't explain it. The problem is we keep giving them our money!! BOYCOTT EA!! The songs I learn in other country are also vanishing. My Awesome frig I got for reaching level ten in the cooking career is not working and my food DOES go bad. We adopt a child and are stuck in that and can't travel or MOVE! We move we are stuck in the move mode again not being able to travel OR MOVE OR EDIT TOWN!! Do I go on? Endless bugs because they are NOT testing the game as other companies are. If you sell a product you should at least make sure it works!! I go to raid at the criminal building and can't get in we are LOCKED OUT until we bulldoze the entire lot and are forced to do this each time we wish to raid!!:0 My cell phone broke and I couldn't use it and it was never fixed I was forced to start over again!! Since 2000 I have NEVER been so upset with EA!! Stop buying their broken products and maybe they will start making products that DO WORK!! I hope someone who is not a GREED Mongler will create a game that works better than Sims that we can all enjoy like we enjoy WOW = World Of Warcraft THAT IS NEVER BROKEN! Six month to fix guitar star:P Adventures then comes out and they KILLED my Perfect gardens! RECALL & BOYCOTT because they obviously DO NOT care they are sending out broken games and it takes them half of a year to fix the expansions. I could lost even MORE bugs but I have better things to do with my time and I'm sure other out there have even MORE to say! NOT HAPPY!! SELL SELL SELL THOSE BROKEN GAMES!!

•   Feb 16, 2011

I agree they rushed this game.It has so many bugs it unbelievable.I play Zelda and they kept pushing back date to release Twilight Princess no matter how the fans whined. They waited to make sure the game would play properly. EA should have did the same thing with the Sims 3.
    Buildings you can't go into, Stuff disappears, people disappearing and with each patch matters just get worse. I also miss Maxis, but he is gone.
    I will not buying anymore EP'S OR Stuff packs for the Sims 3. Has anyone noticed in their store they are selling sets that used to be in the Sim 2? I think for the people that are unhappy with this new game they should at least come out with some new EP's for the Sims 2 so those that want to go back to that game can with pride and joy knowing new is not always better..

The forum is full of complaints much more so than the Sims 2. Most of the time their is not anyone to even help them. It 's the members that do. The Sims 3 remains me of the console versions juts a few things different.

Sad.

•   Feb 16, 2011

Soory about my post above I don't know where all those can't came from odd.