sims 2 / representation

United States Review updated:
I have recently purchased SIMS 2. I was really disappointed and embarrassed about the fact you can't chose the sexuality of the Sim. I let my friend play on it and suddenly realised he couldn't actually make a computer version of himself. I don't tend to get annoyed by many things and think that political correctness has become ridiculous. However, the fact you can chose everything about your Sim right down to your characters personality made me feel really embarrassed to say actually you can't be gay. I know it doesn't sound like much but just the fact that my friends who are gay don't feel like they can have children because of society, even the smallest of consolations is brilliant. I realise nobody has specifically gone out not to include gay people, but I just think either have all relationships or none at all. I assume that the reason there is no religious choices is because nobody wanted to leave anyone out. I think it's really important to do as much as we can in society to encourage acceptance and wide spread community. I really hope that future games will either include same sex relationships and flirtations or none at all.

Comments

Cl
  18th of Feb, 2009
I have had the sims2 for about 2 years now and my computer recently had alot of viruses, but after i managed to get rid of them the sims2 was uninstalled. I put in the 1st disk of sims ready to install it again but i could not find the leaflet with the code on it to get it started.I find this very annoying because i now have to go and buy a new Sims2.The purpose of this complaint is that i feel that you should not have to put in a code to install the sims, but if you must you should have it on the box that it came in.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Az
  12th of Mar, 2009
Okay, first of all, it's a computer game. They have to same some things for the next expansion pack; they can't give it all to you at once. Secondly, you CAN choose their sexuality. All you have to do is make your person do some sexual act with the sex that you want them to be attracted to. Remember that the producers are doing their best, and to focus on what they are doing correct. This is an amazingly progressive game, and the fact that there is a game such as this in the first place is amazing.
Er
  28th of Jan, 2012

sims 2 - purchased online
EA games
South Dakota

I have purchased several items and one game from EA games. After releasing a newer version of the Sims games they took down the site to access my purchases. There is no where on their website to contact anyone. They have taken my money, why can't I access games and purchases I made from them? I want this resolved..I either want my money back or my products made available!