Simply Sellular / Cell phone rip-off

1 7272 Saturn DriveHuntington Beach, CA, United States Review updated:

I recently mailed in a smart phone to Simply Sellular, since they were offering the highest price. Per their instructions, I fulled charged the phone, sent it in with memory card and battery. Three weeks later, I received an email saying that after testing my phone, they found a problem with it and wasn't able to send me my payment and instead they would recycle it. I replied back saying since they would not buy my phone, then I would like it back, I knew I could sell it to another site or on the street. I received a reply back saying, in order to get my phone back I would have to send them $10. For what?? After going back and forth, I told them to keep the phone and basically, "shove it". I'm sure they will still sell my phone instead of supposedly recycling it, and the $10 fee is just a gimmick for them to make some sort of profit in the end. This site needs to be shutdown, SCAM !!!

Ne

More Simply Sellular Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ro
      28th of Dec, 2010
    Simplysellular.com - Simplysellular.com Scam
    Simplysellular.com
    Simplysellular.com

I'm not one to go on websites and complain because I know people make mistakes, but this company really is a scam, and you should be aware that though you send your phone here in good condition, they can make any excuse up in order to not buy your phone. I'm very sure they'll resell it anyway, and if I were a crook, I'd do that too. I sent in a charged Blackberry that I stopped using because I switched providers. These people said that the phone wouldn't accept a battery, which has never been the case. The kicker is that they charge 10.00 if they think your phone is not working. Save yourself the egg on your face and try another company.

• Ro
      28th of Dec, 2010

I agree--the exact same thing happened to me-I should have read this before using their so-called services. On top of that they've got plenty of attitude, like it's your fault.

• Si
      1st of Jan, 2011

I too got an email saying they would not pay full price for my phone. This company is a rip off. They said my phone was worn. The phone I sent them was used for less than three months and still had the "new phone" shine on it. They just want to steal your phone. Don't send it to them.

• Ai
      18th of Feb, 2011

I agree, I just sent a new phone to them, they emailed to say they would give me fifty dollars but received a check today for eleven dollars as they said my phone has small scratches? Do not send your phone here. They also took over 12 weeks to process. Con artists.

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2011

I completely agree with the poster. This company is a scam. They offer higher buy prices than other companies and then don't pay. In my case they offered half of what was advertised on the site. They claim there was "bubbling" on my battery cover. There was nothing wrong with my phone. And the $10 to get it back is definitely the icing on the cake. I wish I had done some research before sending in my phone.

7th of Apr, 2014

i sent a blackberry curve phone in good shape they recieved it 02/24-2014 they sent me email they would send 15.00 dollars. i still have not been able to contact them looks like a scam to me they dont return my calls don mactaggart

• Si
      11th of Aug, 2014

Their Website said my two (2) HTC-Sprint phones were worth $10.00 each. They paid $2.00 each. What a Scam. . .