Simply Mine / Fraud

1 929 n plum grove rdSchaumburg, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18006347500

I got a charge to my credit card for 11.99 it was an unsuthorized charge to my card. I recieved a letter in the mail statment said Thank you for your membership in our club but due to the credit card number you gave us it was not accepted(because I had to charge takin off) And as a result they had to cancel my membership. and asked me for my new account number and all the things to be able to charge on my card. WATCH OUT!!! ITS A SCAM

Ni

Comments

Lo
  13th of Nov, 2008
Schaumburg
Illinois
Phone: 1-800-634-7500
simplyminenow.com

Started Charging my account monthly after an online purchase through Personal Creations with authorization

Kk
  3rd of Mar, 2009

I just discovered that Simply Mine was charging my bank account $14.95 each month without my knowing or agreeing to it. When I called the number listed on the bank account, the woman on the other end tried to tell me I signed up with them from a flyer they mailed to me. I am furious at the sleezy tactics by which this so-called company takes advantage of unsuspecting people. I am going to report them to everyone I know including CBS News, NBC News, ABC News... etc...

Ki
  6th of Apr, 2009

I rec'd a letter dated March 31st, 2009 the letter stated when we attempted to apply your membership fee to the account you gave us, it was not accepted, as a result, we had no choice but to cancel your membership. Please provide us with another account, we wold be glad to reinstate your membership. Simply fill out the informatin below and mail it back to us. Signed L S GRUMMEL VP member services
I have had my identity stolen already by two different people, I did all the legwork myself and the thief was my neighbor, supposed best friend, married to a police officer - this letter scares me and I will follow up with it and any charges on any account of mine !!!
Please contact me at Kimser66@hotmail.com

Ki
  9th of May, 2009

I just received the same referenced letter regarding needing a new account number. What a scam! And it was first reported in November and they are still doing it!

Mo
  19th of May, 2009

The best place to report fraud and such things is your local Better Business Bureau (or BBB). You can do this conveniently at home by going to their website www.bbb.org. There, you can connect to your local BBB and resolve the issues there. Then not only is your issue resolved, but you've gotten the government involved in it. You're more likely to get your money back.
Contacting the news channels gets the word out locally, but the BBB will make sure that all complaints are logged and are public information worldwide. Better luck next time...

Br
  8th of Sep, 2009

I was also charged $14.95 twice for this alleged service. I have never heard of them and don't know how they got my credit card information. I will report to BBB. Folks need to make sure that they review their credit card and bank statements very closely and dispute any charge they did not make.

Tr
  1st of Oct, 2009

I had noticed a charge for $11.99 on my credit card and I called the number and they have been charging my account without my acceptance. I cancelled the subscription with them and called my credit card company and they are removing the charges and sending me a new credit card.

As
  25th of Jan, 2010

I would just like to state, I work for a company which offers this program and it is clearly stated when we offer it to the customer what the terms and conditions of enrollment are. The customer has to willingly acknowledge the fact that they would either like to join or would not like to join and they must provide us information that we need in order to enroll them in the program. Every enrollment offer is recorded both audibly and electronically and gone over by both their quality assurance and our own quality assurance team. If we do anything wrong, it's an automatic termination. Just a thought.

Th
  12th of Aug, 2010

This constitutes Postal Fraud and anything involving Simply Mine and the US Mail should be reported to the US Postal Inspector. Their website is: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx