Simply Covered / Declines to Refund for services not rendered

1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 613-796-7964

This is pertaining to the Wedding Vendor: Simply Covered. nfo@ottawa.bbb.org. Her contact information is [protected].

She had been paid in full prior to our wedding, July 24, 1010 and she did not follow through with our agreement. She has agreed for numerous months that she would be refunding us the money. It is now November 20, 2010 and she has not fulfilled her obligation.

All I wanted is to be refunded $450.00 for the lack of:

1) half of the cost of the ceiling swag $400;
2) cost of decorating the sweetheart table $50;
3) purchasing the groom for the cake topper which was broken;
4) compensating us for the led lights which were to be placed in the vase with the orchids, this you said you would get back to me on with regards to cost

I have given her numerous opportunities to refund us and she keeps providing numerous excuses. I do not want other brides and grooms to go through what my husband and I went through.

I would appreciate your assistance with this complaint.

Comments

• Pc
      1st of Jun, 2011

My fiance and I had a similar problem. We gave her a deposit and she moved to Halifax, changed her number and emails so we had no way of contacting her. Finally, I tracked her down after months of searching the internet (so thanks to her) and she has ignored my request for a refund of our deposit. We had to book another company because we didn't think we'd ever get in contact with her again. I've never seen anyone run a business by changing all of their contact information and not informing their clients. DO NOT BOOK WITH HER!!! Call Mastermind Events!!!