simply audio books / unjustified charge

I tried the 15 "free" trial from Simply Audio Books which means taking delivery of 2 books (their premium plan). It took 5 days to get the first book. I began listening to it even though I knew I would not have time to finish it before I canceled the plan. Two days later I received the second book. I refused delivery as I knew I would not be have enough time to listen to it. I return the first book and cancelled the program. They received the first book back. They keep telling me that they have not received the second book which I refused and now have charged my credit card for the book. The credit card company will not take my disputing the charge because I don't have a tracking number (the infamous Bank of America). Simply Audio told me that I should not have refused the book because it can take the post office (that stellar institution)over a month to return a refused book. Looks like I am stuck. Simply Audio is a scam as far as I am concerned. If you are used to the quick turn around by Netflix, the company completely fails in its delivery and service.

Comments

• Cr
      28th of Dec, 2012

I am so frustrated with audiobooks.com. After 12 years of very satisfied service as a digital subscriber with audible.com, I added audiobooks.com during the low-cost introductory plan--unlimited titles at $9.95/month. Even though I prefer audible's easy interface and wonderful technical support, the 2 monthly titles I can afford on audible's plan isn't nearly enough. I go through about 4 books a week. However, with audiobooks.com--I have TWICE been suspended, even while paying $29.95/month, for some unknown "abuse or fraud." No one can tell me what I've inadvertantly done wrong, unless it is falling asleep while listening--maybe. Now, even with my membership payment ticking, I have to wait until the "manager" returns after the weekend and looks at my case to determine whether my account can be reinstated! What crap customer service! I've never heard of such! As soon as I can find an alternative I am ditching audiobooks.com for good.