Simple Herbal Direct / Unauthorized Withdrawal from Bank Account

Lincoln NE, NE, United States Review updated:
My elderly aunt who only gets $90 VA pension to spend, utilizes a bank account. An unauthorized withdrawal from her account for $297 was made creating an over-drawn situation with accompanied fees. Phone number on check leads to an answering machine or voice mail and they don't return the calls.

Comments

Aw
  6th of Oct, 2008
We just caught such a withdrawal from our account for $298.00, using my wife's name and an old address that we have not used in several years. Fortunately, I saw it the next day and had the bank reverse the charges - unauthorized (fraudulent) debit.

This company does know what they are doing, however. (1) Keep the debits under $300.00. (2) Place disclaimers on the check, including "order" cancellation and refund information on the face of the check, (3) can always claim that they are the true victims in this exchange because some unknown person placed the order using your name, account and address. Gee, folks we are so sorry for all of the inconvenience. Ya - Right! First, you have to get a return phone call form them!
Ho
  17th of Oct, 2008
I just noticed this morning a redrawal for $298 from these people. I did not purchase anything from this company. I don't know how they got my information, but I am truly distressed. Can anyone help me out there? According to the other complaints the company is not going to return my phone call. I can't afford to lose $298!!!
Kp
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I was recently a victim of this scam. I did manage to locate another # for this so called Company 866-848-0619. I spoke with a rather rude male who refused to give me the company name - he would only say this was customer service - refused to give me his name. When I started asking about the unauthorized withdraw from my bank account - he requested the Ref # (I gave him the one on the check). He then proceeded to ask me for my phone # I refused!!! He then told me "I" was not letting him speak and hung up on me. I immediate called back -got the same rep, I immediately requested to speak with someone else and he hung up. So, I made one final call - he answered again. I told him he has three options #1 speak to me #2 speak to my bank # 3 speak to the police - well guess what his response was - you got it he hung up. Since then my bank and I have been unsuccessful in reaching anyone from this business. The address they used on the check was from a place I lived over 12 years ago. Probably need to stop by and see if my Herbal products were ever delivered...