Simple Cleanser and Genuine Acai Berry / Refuse to give concellation number

1 4141 Raymond St STE FPhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-202-1442

I order and received this product thinking it was the real thing, but after during some research, I found out that the free trial offer was a scam. I did not know that by buying this product, you are really enrolling in a diet plan. After the 14 day trial period you will be charge a much higher price than the real cleanser cost. I also sent for the free trial offer of acai berry and the same clause as the above product applied. I returned the both products to the above company. I cancelled my orders and they refused to send me the concellation number to my email. When I call they gave me the run around. I contact my credit card company to advised them to stop all future charges from this company. They are ripping people off. All you get on Their web site is their contact information, you have no way of chicking your billing and payment information to verify that a tranaction to place for the shipping chargers.

Comments

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2009

I was also scammed by this company. When I contacted customer service, I was told that all sales are final, and, I quote, "It's your bottle now". My bank is not able to reverse the charges because this company has covered all the legal requirements to rip you off and there is nothing you can do about it. I can be contacted at 786-339-0020. I intend to pursue this matter until I find my own legal loop hole that gets my money back. As of right now, I have been charged $127.90 for two different bottles of vitamins that do not work.
    Holly Narvaez

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2009

I would also like to add that this company advertises as the Rachel Ray diet, and insist that the two supplements work together. It is one bottle of Acai berry and one bottle of a colonic cleanser. The company names are Genuine Acai and Simple Cleanser. The Acai customer support number is 877-270-9668 and the Simple Cleanser number is 877-202-1442. Both numbers are answered by the same representative, and only one supervisor, Marcus Fenix, is available. They will not give other contact numbers or allow you to speak to the supervisor of the supervisor. I was informed by Marcus that "I am the only one you can speak with, ma'am". Please avoid this scam at all cost!!!

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2009

About a week ago I purchased, for S/H @1.95 to receive a trial bottle of the Acai Berry. It was promised to be shipped by Monday, it's Thursday I have not received anything acccept the charge to my card . Then I saw this release on the news about the scam. Can someone tell me how to avoid the onset of this SCAM!! Thanks
    Dally

• 2s
      21st of Aug, 2009

I tried this several months ago, and same thing happened to me. I was charged $75 for the monthly bottle and what was even more infuriating is that bottle got to my house before the trial sample did!! I immediately went to my bank and showed them what happened, and they went in and reversed the charges on my account and I sent the product back to the company.

• Di
      24th of Aug, 2009

Beware when ordering the Simple Cleanser and Genuine Acai Berry. I did not read the "fine print" and was just charged for a full shipment of each. I plan on calling the number tomorrow to cancel future shipments but am not looking forward to that from the postings above. I have already cancelled the card I used so they will not be able to bill me again. Lessons learned: 1-read the fine print and 2-nothing is free.

• Al
      29th of Aug, 2009

I tried this product 2 weeks ago and it made me very ill. The company also charged me 126 dollars for the 2 bottles that I didn't order. They are ripping people off and this should be stopped. I too called and cancelled the card that was used so that no more charges can go on it.

• Xv
      31st of Aug, 2009

Same here! DON'T EVER TRY THESE PRODUCTS! If anyone needs some contact info this is all I was able to get from them.
    Distribution Center
    4141 Raymond St., Ste F Phoenix, AZ 85040
    Call Center
    5424 East Broadway, Ste 282 Tuscon, AZ 85711
    Associates:
    Ashley (employee #27)
    Sophia Gonzolas (employee #3) this is who usually answers when we call
    Ryan Davis (employee #7)
    Marcus Fenix (employee #8)
    Apparently there are 6 supervisors for all of 5 employees. (we couldn't get any more contacts...oh and I was informed the employee with #1 is no longer there)
    THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM. If you speak to them write down all their information because they seem to forget that you called and canceled the products.

• Pa
      10th of Sep, 2009

MY NAME IS PATRICIA SLATER, I ALSO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THE COMPANY AFORE MENTIONED. I DID GET A CANCELLATION # I DID NOT SEE ANY AGREEMENT FOR THEM TO CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD. THE ONLY THING I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CHARGED FOR WAS SHIPPING AND HANDLING. THE GENUINE ACAI BERRIES AND SIMPLE CLEANSER WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A FREE TRIAL. I CALLED AND CONFRONTED THEM ON THE PHONE AND OFFERED TO SEND BACK THE FREE TRIAL AS IT MADE ME VERY ILL. THEY ALSO SENT ME ANOTHER PACKAGE OF EACH AND AGAIN I OFFERED TO SEND IT BACK. THEY HAVE CHARGED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION FOR $261.60. I STRONGLY ADVISE ANY ONE NOT TO TAKE THIS PRODUCT. WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHAT IS REALLY IN IN OR WHERE IT CAME FROM. ALL I KNOW IS IT MADE ME REALLY ILL, AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THEY ARE USING MY CREDIT CARD AS IF IT BELONGED TO THEM.THE INFORMATION AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE IS THE SAME ADDRESS AND PHONE # THAT I HAVE.

• Pr
      10th of Sep, 2009

Same thing happened to me. It was clear that i was only to pay for shipping for the free products. few weeks after that i was charged with almost $60 for each two product i never received. Just two days ago, i was charged again with 2 products which amounted to almost $70 each. None of these products were sent to me, excpet the first free ones. When i called the customer service, they told me that it was my fault for not reading the terms and conditions. I called my bank and they will investigate and send me dispute papers to sign. I am not sure if i can still get my money back. This a SCAM!!!

• Ca
      13th of Sep, 2009

This is a scam, as they are now shipping not only product to me but also to my husband...How did they get his name? This is going to the Attorney Generals Office tomorrow as I am a consumer who has been scammed. The only recourse is to get them shut down and we will...Consumer of Washington!!!

• Be
      14th of Sep, 2009

I have tried to cancel my order, but cannot get a hold of the right person. Be ware.

• Al
      28th of Sep, 2009

Yes it is ONE BIG SCAM! The 14 day free trial starts on the day you order not the day you were charged or received it. I tried to call today 9/28 thinking this was my 14 "real" days from date of charge TOO late. They said would cancel my membership & I did get a cancellation # but would not return the $65 that they charged this morning even though I tried to call @ 8 am & they were closed. FUNNY they sure as heck "shipped" the stuff so they say. I SO wish I would have found this website before I ordered. Now I am out $65 because the bank says they can't do anything. I sure hope there people get what is coming to them! We all need to somehow let Rachel Ray know they are using her name to sell CRAP! It doesn't work & seems to be making everyone sick in the process!

• Vs
      5th of Oct, 2009

I also ordered Genuine Acai Berry from website on 8/10/09 and was duped in believing that all you were charged for a trial bottle was $1.95. They charged my credit card the next day for $1.95. I did receive a bottle in 2 days of my order. Then recieved another on 9/10/09. I was charged $65.95 for the first bottle and $70.90 for the second. I don't know how I missed this!! I called and they said I should have read the disclaimer before I ordered. Now I can't seem to find that website I ordered from to prove that this is a scam!!! I'm going to dispute the charges on my credit card!! I hope they stop these ###s!!

South Carolina

• Ki
      7th of Oct, 2009

I just hung up with them. Yes, it is a scam!!

• Ps
      8th of Oct, 2009

I hate to say it folks but I to was dupped. I happen to notice a charge of 59.95 only days after receiving the product. I initially bought it for my daughter. I also was sucked in to buying the Acai at the same time. It was advertized as the product being free and only the cost of the shipping. $1.85, and $1.95 respectivly. I too canceled my debit card right away. After calling the Simple Cleanser people, I realized what a big mistake I had made.

• Za
      8th of Dec, 2009

Here is my question, what can we do the Correct this and get our money back???? I was just told by Michael employee #860 (I guess they hired someone else) "You can come here if you want!" They do not give out the correct number. The number that was on my bank statement I called and cancelled and he is telling me that this is the 1st time I have called thier company. Of course it is because the number on my account where they charged me 88.90 is a totally different number then the original number and the number that I used to talk to Michael. We need to get together and file a Class Action Suite against them and all of thier numbers.

• Go
      4th of Jan, 2010

I've been duped as well and it is still going on as of today Jan 4, 2010!! I plan to call them tomorrow and see what happens. They are happily spending our money as I write! I sent one item back with a cancellation note, but it was ignored and I received another bottle today. Thank God for all of these comments, , , now I know what to do! Thank you all! You all get MY vote!

• Ms
      7th of May, 2010

this is a scam. i ordered the simple cleanser and the acai berry from a link on oprah winfrey website.it was a advertisement of racheal ray stating how she lost weight by using these two products. i believed it was legit because it was posted and affliated with oprah winfrey website. i trusted these two celebrity wouldnt affilate with such illegal practice. i ordered it in 2009 and i JUST received a letter may 6 2010 stating i ignored the 14 trail day terms and aggreement and that i owe them $ 109.95. it also stated that they tried to withdraw the money from my account but couldnt due to insufficient funds. how dare them! first of all, i only authorize them to take $1.95 for the acai berry shipping and handling fee and $ 4.95 for the simple cleanser fee. also, no where on this web page did i see it state that it was a 14 day trail offer.i ve brought many "as seen on tv" products and i know when isee a 14 day trial posted.i only received one of each product and each package didnt come with no written information stating it was a 14 day trial either, only a page stating what was enclosed in the package.today, i will call the 1 888 784 8605, that is written on this unprofessional business letter i received ( that has no letter head!!!) im prepared to hear the same "flim flam" dialogue you all have received. they wont get a penny from my account because i will close it today! yes, im and aggreeance with forming a class action lawsuit with all the customers who were mislead and robbed by this fake company! also, i saw the website offer in my favorites on my pc. so i have proof. even though the page is inactive.