Simple Bills Corporation

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 by

unethical behavior

simplebills.com
My son is trying to get out of the Simple Bills service as he moved out of the shared apartment. Simple Bills will not release him until the roommate sends confirmation. Not even releasing him with a letter from the leasing mgr. Roommate is refusing to comply. Problem with roommate is reason for leaving. Simple Bills is basically charging my son for utilities even though he no longer lives there.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Utility Services

Comments

A  12th of Oct, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I HAVE A DIFFERENT ISSUE BUT THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT THIS COMPANY, THE MORE I AM CONCERNED. I AM GOING TO ASK FOR A FORMAL MEETING WITH THE UTILITY COMPANY INVOLVED IN THE FIASCO BELOW AND I AM GOING TO MAKE IT MY MISSION TO TRY TO HELP OTHERS... I HATE IT WHEN A PERSON TRIES TO GET RICH IN AN UNETHICAL WAY. BELOW IS WHAT I SUBMITTED TO THE BBB AND I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO DO THE SAME.

This company charges a monthly fee to pay tenants' utility bills. This would be fine if there were several room-mates (and I guess they charge each roommate the fee...which would really add up for them) and simplebills would divide the charges for each tenant. However, I have a student who lives in a single room with one single utility bill. He has lived there for a year and a half and I have the utility company just draft my checking account each billing cycle. Easy, right? . In August, without any notification to me, simplebills removed my name from the account and gave the utility company their information. I contacted simplebills and they informed me that OF COURSE I would not pay them the monthly fee for just one student in a single apartment and they apologized and told me to re-establish my account. I have all of this in writing. SO, I call the utility company back (I had to call them to ask them why they removed my name..so after about 30 minutes of waiting and investigating on their part, they let me know that simplebills removed my name) and I REestablish the account in my name and pay the $40 fee to do so. Low and behold, last month, simplebills did it AGAIN. They removed my name and put the account in their name. After many emails and phone calls, I am told that OF COURSE I COULD KEEP THE UTILITY IN MY NAME...after all---SIMPLE BILLS PROVIDES ZERO VALUE ADD TO A SINGLE TENANT !...So, I RE-establish my account...$40 again. I then tell them that I want it in writing that they will stop doing this to me. And after almost two weeks of them telling me that they had to get more information from their account exec (???) before they could put it in writing, they email yesterday and say that they told me incorrectly all of the times before and that they really do have to charge me every month to pay my son's one electric bill. In my mind, this is total extortion. They want to charge me a fee each month to pay my single utility bill...and they have caused me nothing but the suffering of time and money. Oh, and I can't see the actual utility bill anywhere...have tried on my account on their website...just has the charge and date. So, I just have to trust this company that clearly is clueless that my utility charge is correct. They do zero work. They allow the utility co to draft from my checking and they charge me a fee to do this!!! And several people from their company have told me that Ohhhh, noooo...simplebills won't charge you unless you miss a payment. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. I have copious notes and many emails with names and dates. They say that they won't pay the bill unless I miss paying it. Well, how could I pay a bill FOR WHICH THEY HAVE REMOVED MY NAME??? Even the utility company can't believe this. The CEO of this company needs to RE-think how they charge single tenants in one bedroom apartments with one utility.
A  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
I completely agree. It sickens me that this company conducts business in such an unethical way. They make up rules as they go and don't follow the ones they said to begin with. When you give them the information they asked for, they still refuse to refund the money they charged you for services you never used nor authorized to be charged for. They also send text messages to my cell phone unauthorized as well. There should be a class action suit brought against them.
A  20th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Agreed. I asked them to reimburse me the $80 paid to my utility company to re-establish my account (per their direction) and they are now completely ignoring me. It is unreal. Pls go to BBB and file a complaint as well. I guess we have no recourse here. And the horrible thing for me is that they FOR THE THIRD TIME have removed my name from the electric bill and added theirs. I hope that karma gets them back for their extortion and ways of doing business. They sure are generating a lot of ill will by not caring about their customers. Pls go to BBB (I think they are based in Waco, TX) and rate them!!! Good luck!
A  22nd of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
OMG!!! Please email me I will be glad to help you confirm their poor business practices. They did the same thing to me and said that the NEW roommates needed to prove my daughter didn't live in her apartment any more either. They billed us for charges that we were not responsible for. Fast forward a year and they made unauthorized charges on my account billing us again for those charges from 2016 Plus billing us twice for current services. Of course they don't take your word or explanation for it so I send proof and they still have not resolved the issue. They are extremely unethical in every way possible . They take advantage of students also!!! dkbook@verizon.net

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree