Simonz Fix It / Fraud -- Overcharging - Unfair Business Practices

Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Tried to order a simple bottle of the simoniz stuff for $19.95 via the phone order system advertised on the infomercial. All input had to be given to an auto-attendant and my repeated denials for their other products were ignored. In the strangest experience I've ever had with an auto-attendant via telephone, this one stated to me after I rejected their repeated requests for me to reconsider their bonus opportunities, "We understand thatyou do not want these additional products, and that it might be frustrating to have to continue to [endure more of our repeated requests for you to purchase more products but if we're going to offer it to you again]" It was something to that effect. Ultimately there was no opportunity to review the order to make sure I got what I called for or a summary of what had been ordered or an opportunity to cancel or confirm the order. Instead, 3 days later I would receive a bill for $174.00. Despite my attempts to cancel prior to that date, they refused me and said the items had already been shipped. This despite the auto-attendants disclosure that I would have to pay extra for express shipping and that would insure I'd receive the items within 7-9 business days. Otherwise it would be 3-6 weeks. Somehow, my order, unconfirmed or submitted was processed and shipped in record time. This is perhaps the most well-coordinated automated scams I have ever seen. I will write to the Attorney General, the Better Business Bureaus and anyone else who will listen and take action.
Co

Comments

De
  4th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They scammed me too, but through the internet order page, on 11/28/2008. After I submitted my credit card information, I saw that shipping and handling was $22.90 on an item that cost $19.95. I did not confirm the order, since there was no option to do so or not, I just closed the webpage and ignored their pleas to return. Yesterday, 12/03/08, I received an email telling me that my order had shipped. They had charged my credit card anyway for $42.85. Needless to say, I am furious and will also contact the Better Business Bureau. Not sure if it will help though. The best I can hope for is to wait for my credit card company to dispute the charge with Fixit. It's scammers like these that give ordering over the Internet a bad name. From now on, I think I'll just refrain from doing so, as a trip to the mall would be a lot less stressful than waiting for my money to be refunded.
Sc
  9th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I did it same things Mar 4th 2009.
I called to refund but, they'll charge more than $70.00 for S/H charge.
Do you have any result?.
Ri
  10th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes, I was scammed too. The product was dried up and didn't work. I was charged for two vacuum cleaners when I ordered one. The wires broke off the end and blew a fuse in the car. The sad thing is this website is hosting adds for the very same products we are complaining about.
Co
  14th of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Simoniz Fix it Scam!!! This product does not work!!!

I ordered this product for $19.95, but they charge me total $79.70
( double shipping -handling fee and they shipped me extra products I never asked for were included)
Ri
  15th of Aug, 2009
I am outraged with the dishonest practices of this company and the complete unresponsiveness of their customer relations folks. I canceled the order less than 24 hours after placing it. They refused to comply and lied to my credit card company about offering me a full refund less shipping. They actually offered me just a 30% credit ON A FUTURE PURCHASE and shipped two orders for double the price advertised. And the merchandise received was still incomplete. Simoniz Fixit got a grade of "F" from Wisconsin BBB due to complete lack of response to customer complaints. I also filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and my state attorney general. Save yourself $$ and heartache by not placing any orders with them. They should be held financially liable for their fraudulent practices by FTC and State AG offices who are responsible for protecting consumers.
Bo
  27th of Mar, 2010
Thank god I looked this up before purchasing ... thanks for letting others know about this scam! Sorry it had happen to all of you.