Simon Giftcard / Visa Debit Us Bank Card / Stolen money off of my Simon gift card!

5880 49th Street North Suite 104St Petersburg, FL, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 727-585-2121

I was given a $50.00 Simon Giftcard Visa debit card from my company of over 7 years for a Christmas present the week of Dec 17, 2007. The card was placed by myself into my wallet only and never touched or removed from my wallet the minute it was given to me. I only live with my 56th year old husband of 17 years, there is no way the card would or could have been removed from my wallet by anyone. That following weekend I went to check online where I could spend the giftcard beside the Tyrone Mall. Just to double check my $50.00 bal which was written on my simon gift card it showed a bal of $2.99, I immediately called your customer service company which confirmed the same balance & tried to tell my that I went to Bed Bath & Beyone on 12-24-07 for a purchase amt. of $37 something, I told her that nor I or my husband never left our house on that particular date nor have I used the card since I received it. She told me to make a customer complaint within 10 business working days, which I am doing now. The CEO of our company Marie Edmondson told me she purchased the giftcards from within the company, she does not pull them off any outside store shelf and the she stores them in a vault. Therefore we feel the tampering of my stolen money from the giftcard came from within the company where all the card were purchased. That was MY MONEY, not for a thief to steal from me. Therefore again, I feel I should be reimbursed the $50.00 that was wrongfully taken from my card. I was so looking forward to purchasing at least a pair of tennis shoes for my work.

Comments

Ca
  5th of Jan, 2008
I have a 20.00 simon giftcard i was trying to redeem in yahoo music unlimited and when i tried to put the information so that yahoo would have the card info to bill it. It wouldn't take it and so i tried like 5 times, then i went to check the balance on the card it was at 15.00 because it said i had "purchased" somekind of information from yahoo 5 times for a dollar each, this sucks.
As
  11th of Aug, 2008
wow. 50$ wooptie ###ing do. Im glad they took your money.
Yv
  4th of Nov, 2009
I made the mistake and purchased 2 Simon gift cards each worth $300.00. I needed to
pay for a cruise that my husband and I are planning on taking in the spring. I thought it would be safer then using my own debit card. When the agent went to process the cards they were declined. I called the card company and was told that the reason was because they hold 15% of the card just in case the merchant decided there is something else that needs to be charge. I did read this on the little manual they give you but it was only stated for the purchase of gas and for restaurants. I could understand at a restaurant, because people tend to tip. I went in circles trying to work it out with the Rep. and explained that it was for cruise tickets and nothing else would need to be charged. There was nothing I could do and on top of it all when I looked at my statement it showed that I only had $1.00 left on my account. I contacted Carnival and they said they only charged $260.00. I have learned a valuable lesson here. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANOTHER SIMON GIFT CARD EVER AND I SUGGEST CONSURMERS BEWARE AND DON'T BUY THEM EITHER!!! I just want to know if this is legal for them to hold my money on a Pre-Paid Visa card? Has anyone else experience the same problem? Can anyone out there help me to resolve this issue? I don't know the address of the company but I found this one on a similar complaint. I could hardly understand what the person on the other line was saying and I say this respectfully. She was rude and her response to me was "I am not going to beat around the bush, you can only charge $260.00 on this card and you will get the balance back as soon as the merchant releases your purchase". Well I have no idea what she means by this but I am out $39.00 on both cards.
Hg
  9th of Jan, 2010
I placed an online order on 12/17/09 never received the card, cancelled on 1/04/10 and then called on 1/09/10 they told me I hadn't cancelled and they wanted to charge me $15 to cancel the order. The worst service I have ever seen, no card no money for almost a month. DO NOT ORDER THIS CARD ONLINE. not worth it just write a check or money order.
La
  8th of Sep, 2010
Simon.com is a total rip off :( all I wanted was a simple card for my paypal account. I ordered one for $20+$5 shipping, and got NO confirmation email or receipt. The transaction also showed up on my bank statement. Concerned, I called Simon's company and got stuck with some Indian/Pakistani-voiced BOZO who was VERY rude and would put me on hold for over 5 minutes every time I asked a simple question. It was ridiculous. It's been a week since I ordered the card, and now the transaction I THINK has been canceled because it is no longer on my bank statement. Although it was only $25, this whole experience has been an absolute nightmare. STAY AWAY FROM SIMON MALL GIFT CARDS!! :( They have horribly terrifying customer service and they give you no peace of mind over your money. They are crooks and scam artists. :(