Simmons Mattress/Balthazar / Sleepys Charges double for same mattress as 1800MATTRESS but gives it a different name to protect themselves

1 NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 15168448800

Bought a mattress over the phone and the mattress I got was firm, not plush. Returned the mattress. And bought a mattress, substantially more expensive. Sleepys charges for boxsprings and won't do price matching once you sign the paperwork and accept the mattress.

The mattresses you buy at 1800MATTRESS... MY SAME MATTRESS w A DIFFERENT NAME (of course) was 1/2 the price... and they include the Boxspring in ALL their sales.

SLEEPYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED of their customer service and business ethics. I work for a international real estate company as do both my parents, and I can't wait to put a warning out to every broker in BOTH companies NOT to use SLEEPYS because of their return policies...or lack of!

The audacity to charge 1300+ boxsprin + delivery ... when 1800MATTRESS includes it all in ONE purchase at the same price. There's an $800 discrepencey.

DAVID ACKER IS AS BIG A THIEF AS MADDOFF, if not more of one!

AND TO BOOT, READ THE BLOGS AND COMPLAINTS ON SLEEPYS BEFORE YOU EVER CONSIDER BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM. THIEVES!!!

Comments

• Dw
      16th of Mar, 2009

I had the exact same experience. Thought it was fishy that they pushed for the delivery to be the next morning when i purchases at 9 pm at night. No chance to cancel. Price "matching" campaign is a complete farce. They dont admit that any other mattresses are the same as the one's they sell, so good luck. Really a deplorable company Sleepy's.

31st of May, 2009

Kelluy, I just got back from Sleepy's. I really liked the Simmons Balthsar, under what name does 1-800mattress sell it?

• Ki
      28th of Sep, 2009

I sadly have bought a bed from Sleepy's in Wading River, NY. Delivered very damage. I swear it was used. I want to get a better bed, knew nothing of a comfort exchange & they are trying to charge me $399 for a King exg when I downsized to a full & am paying more money. PLUS they want to charge me another $89.99 shipping. All on a bed delivered damaged & 2 hrs after the said time of delivery had ended for the day. These people are rip offs you never get the same salesperson twiwce. They don't tell the truth or they know none. Their exchange CS people are very rude & arrogant. I have had it with these people. I want this garbage bed out of my house & I want a full refund.
    I found the exact same bed I wanted for over $1400 less at 1800mattres...Which incs..shipping, box spring. no tax, 100 day try out, If you don't like it you pay the difference if the bed is higher priced & a 1 time charge of $99. Damaged doesn't cost you a dime.

• Ki
      3rd of Oct, 2009

1800mattress happens to be a company owned by SLEEPY'S...