Silverwood Financial / scammers

1 WA, US Review updated:

THIS IS A COMPLAIN REGARDING SILVERWOOD FINANCIAL SERVICES THIS COMPANY CALLED AND FAX A COPY OF LOAN AGREEMENT AND THEY ASKED FOR A COLLATERAL PAYMENT, ONCE MONEY HAS BEEN WIRED TO A " SUPPOSED INVESTOR " THEY WOULD CALL AND SAY THEY ENCOUNTERED A COMPLICATION. THEIR SUPPOSED CUSTOMER ASSISTANT MANAGER IS DAVID STAMFORD AND ONE OF THEIR AGENTS RICHARD STAMFORD MAKES A GUARANTEE THAT A REFUND IS ON ITS WAY. ONCE YOU FOLLOW UP AT THEIR NUMBER [protected] CALL IS BEING BLOCK . ITS A MATTER OF TRUST, INTEGRITY. THE SUPPOSED CEO OF THE COMPANY IS ANDREW JACKOBSON. JUSTICE WILL ALWAYS PREVAIL .

Comments

• Wh
      Aug 14, 2009
    Silverwood Financial - Loan Scam
    Silverwood Financial
    New York City
    New York

Same situation as the others are making complaints about. I filled out loan papers and they said I was approved pending a deposit and then they would tell me they needed more money. Over all I paid them 5, 500. They were going to loan me $40, 000 and the money was to be deposited in to my checking account today. Guess what no money is there and when I try to contact them there is no answer. I am so desperate this was all the money I had. If you have any advice please let me know.

Aug 19, 2009

Be sure and contact www.ic3.gov and also the attorney general of Ny. I have there complaint form in e-mail. if you want it, jsut msg me your e-mail address.

Aug 19, 2009

Have you already contacted moneygram? Your local law inforcement. www.ic3.gov, and the attorney general of ny, I also contacted the attorney general of colorado (that's where i live).

• Rl
    Silverwood Financial - Laon scam
    Silverwood Financial
    2020 Courtlandt St
    Phone: [protected]
    silverwoodfinancial.com

I was looking for a loan, and filled out a loan application. About a week later I was contact by Richard. He said that they could loan me $5, 000, but that I would need to pay collatral of 820.00. My wife did the transfer on 15 July 2009, supplied our bank routing and account number, and was told that we would receive the 5, 000 by direct deposit the next day. We didn't get the money, my wife tried calling all day the 16th and the line was disconnected. David Stafford called that afternoon and spoke with my wife apologizing for the phones being messed up there had been a storm. He also told her that the investor had went to the insurance company with the collatral we had sent and the insurance was requiring another 815.50 (they lowered it to 800.00 even because of the wire transfer fee). We told them that we couldn't come up with another 815.50, and that we would take the refund of the original 815.50. David told my wife that it would be refunded through direct deposit in accordance with the bill pay cycle which meant we would receive it on the 14th of August. We have tried contacting the company since then and once you dial the number it disconnects immediately.

Aug 20, 2009

r.lambert79 you can contact the Attorney General of NY and also www.ic3.gov. I tried callign too and it's been disconnected, I even tried their website today and it redirects me to another site. =|

Ohio

we have been scammed as well the number they gave me the 808 number isnt even working now does anyone have a working number for them???

Aug 20, 2009

we had the same thing happen to us we are supposed to be refunded on the 29th of aug. dont think its going to happen now wish all this was aval. when i looked them up before. if you get a number please post it so we all can get ahold of these scammer.

Aug 20, 2009

And their website is no longer workign. ..

Aug 20, 2009

Scammers is a understatement these people have an elaborate operation & they really need to be stopped & lockedup for what they are doing to people these are hard times & they are preying on people who really need help & have no other options

• Sh
      Aug 24, 2009

Sorry darling.. your screwed.

• Ca
      Aug 24, 2009
    Silverwood Financial Services
    New York

My husband and I were promised a loan through Silverwood Financial in the amount of $5000 dollars. I was kind of afraid that it was a scam because I have worked in a bank for 6 years and seen things like this. Our account rep was Evan Ross. Before agreeing to this loan I had got onto the internet and read some complaints about this company and I had even talked to Evan Ross about these complaints. He assured me and my husband that this was not a scam and even had enough courage to tell me to take it to my own attorney. I had called to talk to my attorney but he was unavailable. I debated with my husband if we should do this or not and even one of our good friends said that it sounded normal. So we went ahead and went to money gram it but I was still not completely convinced that it was not a scam, but Evan Ross called and gave us his promise. Some promise. Then the next day we receive a call from his manager David Stanford. He said that we would have to money gram more money to them. Yeah right over our dead bodies. We are like all of the rest of you we got scammed to. I hope that they catch these guys and bring them to justice.

Aug 31, 2009
    Silverwood Financial - advance fee loan
    22 courtlandt ny,ny
    Ohio
    silverwoodfinancial.com

we also have been scammed. we sent 815.00 to them they wanted 815 more which we didnt have right away. then we decieded to not send them an addition 815. David Stanford acted quit mad i thought but said we'd have a refund direct deposited into our account on 8-29-09 well that hasnt happended and like every one else there phone is no longer in service and nor is the web site. i'm not sure who to complain to can some one please message me and let me know who ya'll complained to. my fiencee is one full disability we have an 8mnth old baby and 14 year old daughter times are rough enough we need to find these people and a way to get our money back all of us. don't hld back your voice we need to speak out. some one had to pick up this money and be on camera some where doing it. there has to be a way to get this money back they have collected a lot of money from all of us. i cant just let this go we are suffering now and behind on everything. my family needs your help please post any and all numbers your calling to complain because i want to i just dont know where to start so please post post post

• Me
      Sep 05, 2009
    Kentucky

I also was scammed by these people. Only I questioned wiring the money to Canada, so they set it up so I could wire the money from my bank. I don't know if this would help catch these people but it did go into an account in one of the biggest banks in Canada.

• So
      Sep 15, 2009

With all these complaints and all being just about the same why has nothing been done. Why are we letting these people get away with this. How is this not a federal crime and has anyone filed a legal complaint. If all of our money went into a bank in Canada why can't we get it back. Somebody tell me this.