Silverwood Financial Services / SCAM

1 22 Courtlandt Sy.New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-808-8360

We were offered a loan of $5000.00 for a prepayment of $800.00. We sent the money and 2 days later we were told that because our credit wasn't that great, we would need to send another $600.00. We sent that and again, 2 days later, we were told the investor backed out of the loan. We were offered another loan from another investor for $10, 000.00 and we would need to send another $1600.00. We sent the money because we thought double the loan, double the payment. A few days after we sent the money we were told we needed to send another $3000.00 to cover Canadian withholding tax. Well I have prepared taxes before and know that loans are not concidered income so I did a little checking with the Canadian gov. and was told that they only charge withholding taxes to the lender because he/she would be earning interest on the loan. I called Silverwood back with this information and he started cursing at me. So needless to say we got ripped off by this company. I filed a report with the BBB, they returned my request and told me that there was nothing they could do because they could not find the company. So we are out $3062.00 and still have the debit we wanted to clear up before my husband deployed. Now he has to take that stress with him to war. I hope someday fate catches up with these people. I'm sure it will because what comes around goes around.

Comments

• Ro
      18th of Aug, 2009

This SOBs did the same scam to us. We were looking to save our home. The ran the same line on us. The papers looked legit, and we even had our lawyer look things over. We wired them the 6months of payments, and the day the money was to be deposited to our account. "David Stafford" contacted us stated that the lender back out; but they had found another source and would require more money down.
    We told them to refund our down payment. We were told that we would have our refund on the 18th(no refund so far).

• Ni
      19th of Aug, 2009

I tried calling them, the number they gave me just says "goodbye." Have you contacted the bbb or ic3.gov?

• 12
      24th of Aug, 2009

Silverwood contacted us after we googled RV financing as one of the companies that received our app which they approved with $3400 down sent us paperwork said that the loan was thru a private invester by the name of Ellen Hurley in Toronto, Canada. they then called back and wanted more money and we asked for a refund they said it would come on the 14th of Aug it never did but they sent a reciept for guaranteed refund. Elliot Prior was our Account Rep. When we try to call all we get is good-bye and now I find all this info which was not availible when we researched the company.

27th of Aug, 2009

I am simply amazed that otherwise intelligent(?) people would seek out these internet sites to borrow money.
    Have any of you EVER borrowed money and had to pay the first 6 payments up front before getting the loan?

Maybe you people didn't know that if they request a money gram sent to Canada or any other country it is a DEFINITE SCAM.

It is a well known fact that money sent by money gram is NOT traceable and therefore NOT recoverable.

You actually believed that they were going to send you 5 to 20 thousand dollars by simply paying a few hundred dollars up front to get the loan. I think you people had every intention of ripping them off but they got you before you got them.

I think double the loan, DOUBLE THE STUPIDITY...NOT double the payments!!

ALL internet loan companies are SCAMMERS. As a matter of fact, all internet ads are scams in one way or another.

Legitimate loan companies DO NOT require any payment up front to get the loan and there are NO legitimate loan companies on the internet.

Forget class action lawsuits, the only winners there are the lawyers and the court systems.

Just chalk it up to stupidity and move on!

• Ni
      27th of Aug, 2009

stressed out soldier,

sorry to hear that. Ignore Charlie brown, he's probably DAvid Standford! People with nothing nice to say shouldn't say anything at all.

You can contact the attorney general of new york. I have the complaint form if you would like it. They don't help just individuals, so maybe if everyone as a group says something they will help us out.

Its sad that we live in a place where people take advantage of other people. My family did the same thing. And looks like many others did too. Some even went to lawyers before hand and the lawyers said it looked ok.

• 77
      28th of Aug, 2009

can you please send me the form for the attorney general of new york, to file a complaint. Please ms.tanya07@gmail.com

28th of Aug, 2009

I hope you all get your money back, somehow very soon. No, I am not David Standford, whoever he is.

I will be nice to nikkir and stressed out soldier. I feel hurt for all these people that have been scammed by anyone, anywhere.

Please remember, all these guarantees and testimonials mean absolutely nothing, and be very, very skeptical about the things these companies are offering and promising. As a matter of fact, you would be better off if you would simply NOT believe anything they say, ever. They will lie to get your credit information and tell you anything that sounds good to you. If I could, I would hold your hand to help you get through this, but that won't help you.

Check any company out for complaints everywhere before you send them any money. Google search is a good to start.

Buy Locally, in brick and mortar stores where you can see with whom you are dealing with FACE TO FACE.

Could we all agree that this is a common sense approach to these scam offers in this economy.

Unless you have money to burn, be stingy and tight with your money and credit information and just assume that they are out to scam you.

If you do not follow this advice, you WILL be scammed again.

• Pi
      28th of Aug, 2009

Please send me the forms too, my boyfriend's dad asked to borrow the money for the loan and we were kicked out of our house and now we really need the money and it was supposed to come back today, the day after my birthday, and we got screwed... we tried calling to find out what's going on and now all we get as soon as it picks up is a recording saying goodbye, so please send me that form at pinkymcsmurf@gmail.com thank you so much!