Silverleaf Resorts / timeshare ripoff

TX, US Review updated:

I was lied to and the timeshare I bought was misrepresented. I purchased a red week during the summer (I thought) because that is when I am off work only to find out much later it is for week 42 in october. This was never brought to my attention during the presentation. My first payment is due in September and despite several calls to Silverleaf, there has been no reponse to my complaint.<br />
When I went in for the orientation two week later, I was told that the unit I purchased had very little or no exchange value since the area was not well known and I was stuck with the week I can't use. I was offered a much "better" deal which I foolishly signed. I have since cancelled the upgrade but I am now stuck with the original contract. I will spread the word "buyers beware " of silverleaf deceptive practices.

Comments

• Th
      Jul 07, 2011

I too feel like they sell you a package that is worthless... we have a timeshare with bonustime-- but you have to call 14 days in advance and I have NEVER gotten the time or place that I wanted -- NEVER-- I am thinking about sending my complaint to the Better Business Bureau

• Th
      Jul 07, 2011

agree they are a total Rip=off