Silver Mountain Resort / Hiring Foreigners

1 Kellogg, ID, United States

I worked there for 11 months. This company won't even want to hire locals who really need work, instead they hire foreigners from China, Taiwan and South America to work in jobs such as Housekeeping and Janitorial. These "college students" come to work under a contract of 35 hours or more for 7 dollars an hour. I started working for $6.95 and I wasn't the only one, there were four locals but we have benefits after three months. These foreigners don't. They live under inhumane conditions in their rooms across the street of the resort where the stoves are non-working, bathrooms are dirty with leaking sinks and toilets and sleep on airbeds with a small tv. They have to pay 70 dollars a day per person, while my co-worker who lives there pays only $450 dollars a month. The company Jeld-wen gives more seniority over these foreigners than locals. They started, eliminating personnel in the Housekeeping due to the fact that they're "losing" money. I got affected under not good terms even thought I'm a great worker able to work on my days off. I went back to my old job which pays minimum wage $6.55 no benefits and it's part time and helped my co-worker work there as well. If you love America, please boycott Silver Mountain.

Silver Mountain Resort