silver king blue maxpoor product

1 Review updated:

We purched a Blue Max from a door to door sales person, The price we paid was very high.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Minden, NEI have sent it in twice (so far) in the first year the head won't work it get plugged on the first rug. I am not sure what to do next as when I call they say that they have never had any problems with the vacuum and have had it for year.

More silver king blue max Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Vi
      Jul 31, 2014

i purchased a silver king vacuum cleaner from a door to door salesman here in phoenix over 3 years ago for $2700. I was told by the salesman that it would be the last vacuum cleaner I would ever need and in fact the demonstration was quite impressive. He also assured me that there would always be readily available service in Phoenix if needed. I have had it to their dealer several times trying to fix electrical problems. Their service representative worked out of his garage and seemed to put band aids on the problems that I have encountered. This vacuum cleaner has not held up well with everyday normal use and has been on the blink more often than not. It went on the brink again recently and was told by the home office in Colorado that they no longer have a service representative in arizona and to ship it to them for an estimate for repair at my own expense. I spoke with the president of the company Mr. Curry to complain and he was quite discourteous and not at all willing to be helpful. He told me that my limited warranty was expired and it was my problem. This is the most expensive vacuum cleaner I have purchased and the worst performance, accountability and company integrity that I have ever experienced. Do yourself a favor and pass on any Silver King vacuum cleaner or product!

• Mo
      Oct 30, 2014

Well written complaint; I was also told that there would be service available in my area (Durango, CO) after purchasing the vacuum. No service company, individual except within a five hour drive to Co Spgs.. I did take it to someone who had me drop off the machine at a Curves fitness place (his wife worked there), so apparently he also was working out of his garage. To your point that the president of the company was discourteous, the moment I got on the phone with him, he was defensive -- also saying that whatever problem I had was my fault. They DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR servicepeople; they don't even service at Silver King! You have to go to someone local in the area (that also services other vacuum cleaners - Hoover, Kirby, etc.). They DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR OWN PRODUCT! The fact that he was so rude on the phone was very off-putting, and unfortunately, does not help their business at all. The product is fine, but for the cost, not a great value at all, especially when it does need to be periodically serviced and they won't stand behind any repairs made. I would never recommend this company.