Silver Cloud Smoke Shop / Bad service

SCSS, P.O. Box 7130Albuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:

I have an ongoing monthly order with Silver Cloud Smoke Shop in which $77.76 is directly withdrawn from our bank account. They, as usual, sent an order processing notice by email on August 28, 2008. I then recieved this normal notice;

"This email is to let you know that your recent order (id:VRFD2E0069F8) with Silver Cloud Smoke Shop has been processed and is due to be shipped today 09/02/2008.

If you have any questions, please respond to this email at sales AT silvercloudsmokeshop.com."

The money was withdrawn from our account.

I am home to recieve deliveries, and am fairly certain that I did not miss the delivery. There were no pick-up notices from the post office.

I wrote Silver Cloud sales and stated the problem on Sept. 10th to which I recieved no reply. I called then several times but their mailbox was full and I couldn't leave a message.

I then wrote their 'questions AT silvercloud.com' email address on Sept. 15 in the a.m. and again had no reply.

This happened once before last year, however they responded immediately to my inquiry, and informed me of a computer glitch which required customer contact to resolve. They have otherwise been consistent and dependable. It may be the fault of the post office, but I have no evidence of this. The fact that I am unable to contact Silver Cloud points in their direction. Our low fixed income makes this whole situation especially hard on us.
Va

Comments

Sh
  17th of Sep, 2008
I have had the same problem. However I did some research and discovered that the company was seized by ATF in Aug. The newspaper said all assets and computers were seized. How can their automated system still be operating? I suggest you file a dispute at your bank.

I too have been with them for many years and had no problem til now and it seems that the problem is not directly Silvercloud's fault. I just hoope that the many people out money will get it back soon.
Do
  18th of Sep, 2008
The same thing has happen to me, on Aug 25 they took my money and I never recievied my box so I stopped every 2 week delivery but not in time they took another 107.81 out of my account and did not recieve my box again this week. What can we do Im out 215.00. I never before had trouble,
Je
  18th of Sep, 2008
You just told my story exactly as it happened to me last week. Voice mail full, no fax, no Email reply. 09/08/08 took $171.15, and 10 days later which should have been three, nothing. File a claim immidiatly with your bank, block future auto debits from "American Native", and visit allofourbutts.com.
They are almost as cheap as silver cloud, and not involved with the law.
JT / So Cal
Ma
  18th of Sep, 2008
I, too, agree with the above statements. Sent my money in $176.15 on August 22, 2008 and have not received my merchandise. Phone overloaded, wrote no response. I, too, am on a limited income and losing that money really hurts. I know they were raided by the ATF in August but it states no criminal charges. Someone with some business expertise at Silver Cloud should be contacting us about the disposition of our orders. If they want to keep future business they need a lot of PR going on now and the former customers satisfied.
Ka
  19th of Sep, 2008
Same thing here! My last order was supposed to be 8/27 and that was the day they were raided. Since then no email at any of their addresses, and the voicemail box at the 800 number is full. I am still trying to find someone out there to talk to. The owner is San Ildefonso pueblo First Lieutenant Governor Paul Rainbird. If I come up with any contact info I will post here
Sk
  19th of Sep, 2008
Same Here:
They did get raided by the feds. My question is: It is not illegal for us to buy smokes online so do the feds owe us our money? This is a political thing brought on by our Govenors. Contact that traiter govenor there in NM and demand that he get us our money back. I only lost about $65.00 bucks but it wipes out all the savings I managed by buying them online. Ofcourse we will be demanized by the press and the Government so I bet our chances are slim but still... Where are our freedoms going, this is ALL ABOUT MONEY for the STATE. By the way it is the infamous ATF that is doing this brought on by a lame complaint that silver cloud was breaking "SOME" law. They can't define the law because it doesn't exist.
Iv
  22nd of Sep, 2008
Hi, did anybody hear anything yet? I sent $210 on August 26 and I called and emailed like all of you. If anyone has any info at all, could you let us know. Thanks.
Cr
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I sent a money order (for over $100) to Silver Cloud in August. I received an email confirmation a week later saying that my money order had been received and my order would be shipped out. To date, I have not received my order. I have sent several emails to Silver Cloud and gotten no response. Calling their phone number gets a message saying that their voice mailbox is full. I don't know what to do now to get my money.
Bo
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I too have been waiting. Got an email that my order was sent on 8/28 and then nothing. Has anyone received an response from them?
Pa
  23rd of Sep, 2008
Exactly the same thing here. This happened to me 5yrs ago with a business out of Ok. & yes it was the ATF again. We never recovered ANY money and they eventualy went out of business. Definately call your bank immediately & Good Luck!
Bo
  24th of Sep, 2008
I had converted from mail order via check to automated month ACH orders just before they were shut down. I'm out $138, and no answers. So I placed an ACH block with them at my bank (another $25), and since it was an 'authorized' withdrawal', my bank can't do anything to get funds back. I won't ever authorize ACH withdrawals again!!!
  25th of Sep, 2008
Same thing happen to me. I'm out $73.81. Does anyone have any info about contacting the ATF or whomever to recover our money?
I emailed the following letter to the ATF at ATFMail@atf.gov

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Office of Public and Governmental Affairs
99 New York Ave. NE
Mail Stop 5S144
Washington, DC 20226

Dear ATF,

I am or was a customer of ‘Silver Cloud Smoke Shop’ located at P.O. Box 7130, Albuquerque, NM 87194. I recently made an online order with Silver Cloud for cigarettes and have not received my order in over 3 weeks. I have tried to call and email Silver Cloud with no response.

I became suspicious and did an online search for complaints against Silver Cloud and discovered warrants were served against the company in August 2009 for tax problems. I am not interested in details of Silver Cloud’s investigation however, I would like to know how I can recover my payment of $73.81 for cigarettes I never received? Any instructions you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

It might also be nice for the ATF to pull down Silver Cloud’s website to thwart further orders and obtain their email database so other customers can be contacted.

I have paperwork to verify and back up my order.

Sincerely,
  25th of Sep, 2008
That email didn't work. I'm doing follow up to get my money back.
Mo
  26th of Sep, 2008
I have a automatic withdrawal for $67.67 taken from my checking account every two weeks. I have not recieved any merchandise from these people since Aug. 11th. I have sent e-mails numerous times but have yet to recieve any answers.
  26th of Sep, 2008
OK, my bad. The above email to the ATF doesn't work anymore (no surprise). I managed to locate a number to the New Mexico ATF field office. I to Jake Gonzales (505) 346-6914. He said the agent handling the investigation is Tim King. Mr. King is out of state on assignment for approximately 2 weeks and will return calls about Silver Cloud when he returns.

During my converstation with Mr. Gonzales he said that the ATF executed warrants on Aug. 26th, 2008. They siezed computers and records. The computers were returned within a couple days and Silver Cloud is allowed to return to business. Although Silver Cloud was able to return to business they weren't allowed to return to normal business by way of selling cigarettes at the prices they were before.

In essence, Silver Cloud was buying cigarettes at wholesale Indian costs and re-selling them to the U.S. public at a profit without including state or federal taxes. It is acceptable to sell the cigarettes on the reservation and to other indians tax exempt but not to the general public (you and I). Additionally, Silver Cloud and other tribe sales are supposed to report these sales to your state so they can hit you up for additional taxes. Uncle Sam never ceases to stick his finger in your butt to see what he can extract.

Gonzales couldn't comment on details of the investigation but did say the ATF can't really do anything about our complaints because the company hasn't been siezed or shut down by them. The company is allowed to be open and operate. The process is now a consumer complaint. So perhaps the New Mexico Attorney General is the next route. The question is, how far are you willing to go to get your money back? For me it's too much trouble and I'll just write it off.

Some of you may be wondering how the ATF got involved and how this happens. More than likely this was a complaint generated by other retailers whose business suffers because they didn't have the same advantage as the tribes. The ATF has a lot of things to do and cigarette sales probably weren't on the top of their "To Do" list.

In a nut shell there probably isn't much we can do. You can call Jake Gonzales at (505) 346-6914 and ask him to leave a message for Agent Tim King to call you back. They won't be able to offer any help but they do want to talk to customers. Makes me wonder why? Do they want our personal info so they can send us a tax bill? Will they supeona us to testify? Nto sure I want to get in bed with the ATF over $70. We can take consumer action but again not sure what can be done. You could contact a local news station adn maybe they could do and expose' on Silver Cloud? it wouldn't get our money back but it would expose the company on TV for shady practices.

There you have it. Hope it helps.
Li
  26th of Sep, 2008
I made an order for $107.24. Was shipped 9/18/08 and still have not received order??? They do not answer my emails, and their phone's mailbox is full? This is bad business, and I want my order or my money back.
Ca
  29th of Sep, 2008
Sept.29, 2008
I have a standing order with Silver Cloud on monthly
bases.On Sept.9th2008
I got arenewal info. sheet, on Sept. 12th, 2008 I got
e-mail from them stating that my order has been
processed and was being shipped that day. As of this date I still have not received my order. I have e-mailed them and called at differenttimes but mail-
box is always full. I am out $189.41 and cigarettes
still are not here, nor any answers from them.
  1st of Oct, 2008
ALERT!!!

Silver Cloud is still trying to charge people that have recurring e-check payments. They tried to charge my account over $200 today and still haven't sent me product from my last order. Make sure your bank is aware of the situation or they will drain your account.

My banker said they tried to make the charge under a different name "American Indian"
Mc
  2nd of Oct, 2008
I too am a victime of Silver Cloud. However, if anybody has the automatic withdrawal through their savings and checking accounts---act fast.
Today I noticed they have had triple withdrawals for the last three days out of my checking account. I immediatly contacted my bank and they will stop the triple withdrawal for today but for the others they told me they had to investigate them. I guess I have to fill out a form and then they contact "them". When and if I ever get my money back will have to be determined. What I don't undertand is that if the AFT took their computers and froze accounts, how the heck are they still able to get money out of my account?