Silvanling Marketing Concepts, Inc. / SCAM!!! DON&T DO IT!

1 2275 Northwest PkwyUnit 180Marietta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (770)272-9036

I looked up this company on the BBB when I received a call on my phone that they wanted me to come in for an interview. I got online and looked up on various websites (besides their own) what they were really about. Didn't find anything but a bunch of job offers in every online job search and this SCAM information. So I'm going to post the standard e-mail response that they send you so you all know it when you see it. These people are despicable.

2275 Northwest PkwyUnit 180
Marietta, GA 30067
PH: [protected] FAX: [protected]

Hello and thank you very much for your interest in the opening within our company, Silvalining Marketing Concepts, Inc. As a company, we are looking to grow and expand as much as possible for the year of 2008. With that said, after reviewing several candidate resumes, we feel as though your resume stands out and exemplifies what we are looking for in a team member within Silvalining Marketing Concepts.

As you are one of our top candidates in consideration for this opening, we would like to extend an invitation to you for an interview with our firm as soon as possible. Prior to meeting with one of the members of the management team, we do encourage that you view our website WWW.SILVALININGMARKETING.COM<http://www.silvaliningmarketing.com/> for more information concerning the job opening as well as further endeavors with our company. We have also attached directions to our corporate office at the bottom of the page as well as contact information.

Please contact at 770.272.9036 in order to schedule a date and time to meet with you and discuss our career opportunities further. Congratulations and we very much look forward to hearing from you soon!

Executive Director of Human Resources
www.silvaliningmarketing.com<http://www.silvaliningmarketing.com>

Su

Comments

• Ka
      19th of Oct, 2008

Thanks for the post. I received an identical email after applying and have decided to delete it and keep up my job search - in order to find an opportunity that will actually value my education and experience.

• Ti
      5th of Nov, 2008

Unless /name removed/ was demoted she is an adminstrative assistant in my email! Look below!!!

Right now we’re focused on building the team of people who will gain the opportunity to help us represent these new campaigns. I know they’re looking to fill positions as soon as possible, so as soon as you receive this email, please contact my administrative assistant, /name removed/ at (770) 272-9036 in order to schedule your interview.

• As
      8th of Nov, 2008

I too got the EXACT same e-mail as the second one posted here. Wasn't sure what to think at first but after seeing this site I am gong to pass. Thanks!

• Cy
      17th of Nov, 2008

On 11/14/08 I got the same exact e-mail that Tim got, and I have decided to pass on this "opportunity" as well. Their website is very vague, and there seems to be no other information available about this company other than job postings on every job board imaginable.

• El
      23rd of Nov, 2008

Everyone please, if you were scammed at this location like I was over a year ago. For the sake of GOOD businesses out there, file a complaint with the better business bureau AND if you are local to Savannah please visit and discuss it with a representative at city hall. It doesn't sound like much but otherwise they will just keep changing their name and screwing the general public. There is a difference between direct marketing and Lieing. This company is LIEING to their employees AND their customers.

25th of Nov, 2008

YES DON'T DO IT...THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF FRIENDS GIVING EACH OTHER JOB TITLES AND IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!

• Mr
      12th of Jan, 2009

Thank you so much. I recieved a similar e-mail, but mine was from a Lisa Johnson. That asked me to contact to set up my interview. I started to get suspicious when they hadn't even updated the year in the letter, mine still stated 2008. I also found it odd that you can't find there address or phone number on their website. You also can't find any reviews of the company. I have attached the e-mail I recieved to try and help make others aware. Thanks again!

I'd like to thank you for your recent application online and for your interest in a career with our company! I’d like to let you know that I recently received your resume that you submitted to our open positions and I passed it along to my management team. After carefully reviewing it, they’d like to invite you in to meet with our hiring manager for a one-one-one interview, so Congrats! We are really excited about expanding into a new location and expanding our client portfolio. So right now we’re focused on building the team of people who will gain the opportunity to help us represent these new campaigns. I know they’re looking to fill positions as soon as possible, so as soon as you receive this email, please contact my administrative assistant, at (770) 272-9036 in order to schedule your interview. You’ll be meeting with our manager here in our Marrietta location, so please make note of the address I have listed below. I would also really recommend you read more about our company on our website at: www.silvaliningmarketing.com to find detailed information of our campaigns and clients we work with and also so that you may be more prepared to meet with our management team. Thank you once again and I look forward to meeting you soon!

• Un
      13th of Jan, 2009

Thank all of you! I received the same letter and thought it was odd when did not return my call, I emailed Lisa about not getting a return call.That is when, Erika, called to set the appointment. I was suppose to have my interview today so I was doing a little research and found a lot of negative things on the /link removed/ website. (/URL removed/ and /URL removed/) Again, I thank you for helping me before wasting my time.

• Wa
      19th of Jan, 2009

Thank you all for all the information. I too received the same email (see below ) I will contuine you with my job search

thanks again

Hi _____!

• Ka
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I am glad I did my research...I received this email today and definitely won't be setting up an interview:

5th of Feb, 2009

Has anyone ever interviewed with this company? Or worked for them?

8th of Feb, 2009

/name removed/ no longer works there. Lisa johnson takes care of everything. I called there and they said he is no longer with the company. PLEASE BE AWARE!

8th of Feb, 2009

They use fake names in their emails!!! Those are not real people in the interview emails! I worked there and I found that out. there is no lisa johnson.

8th of Feb, 2009

the owners name is Tomi SIlva or something like that. she owns the company

• Ge
      19th of Mar, 2009

i've received an invitation to interview as well, but i'm curious - HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY FOLLOWED THROUGH AND INTERVIEWED WITH THE COMPANY?

27th of May, 2009

Ok, so I went to this business for the interview before reading this.
    I got an interview with Erika, after recieving the same email that all of you read above.

I went there and was early, the assitant (erika) was a total ###. She told me I was early and that i needed to go get some food and come back later. I was astounded, so i came back an hour later. This time, she acted like she didnt even know me and was really sweet. I waited with 6 other girls for an interview with a big black guy named Keith Williams. I watched a few others go before me, all lasting under 5 minutes. Then my turn came, he took me in and was friendly but it lasted five minutes, gave me a business card and told me to call him in two weeks for another interview. I called back, got erika and left a message because he was in his "morning meeting" at two o clock. He never called back.

Than I found this site, and im glad i did.

• Le
      21st of Jul, 2009

In Savannah it looks like they're going under the name Prolific Promotions. Fair warning. My boyfriend was doing his research before he went in for an interview and he's definitely NOT going. Thanks for all the info - since their website(s) certainly don't offer any.

• Lv
      3rd of Aug, 2009

THEY ARE GOING BY THE NAME PROLIFIC PROMOTIONS INC IN MARIETTA NOW AND AT SAME ADDRESS AS SILVANLINING. I RECEIVED THE EXACT SAME E-MAIL AS EVERYONE ELSE POSTED HERE TODAY 8-1-09 FROM NICOLE DAVIS AND WHEN I CALLED I COULD ONLY TALK TO ERIKA AS IN THE POST ABOVE. SAME PHONE NUMBER ALSO AS SILVANLINING. AS RESULT OF THIS RESEARCH I WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME, SINCE THAT IS ALL I HAVE BEEN DOING WITH ALL THE SCAMMERS OUT THERE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ALL OF US LAID-OFF AND BROKE PEOPLE TRYING DESPERATELY TO FIND AN HONEST WAY TO MAKE A LIVING AND NOT END UP HOMELESS WHICH IT SEEMS LIKE I WILL BE SOON.

• L8
      19th of Aug, 2009

OMG OMG OMG...THAT IS CRAZY I DID MY RESEARCH AND IM GLAD. IM ONLY IN HIGHSCHOOL AND I NEEDED SOMETHING FAST FOR THIS PROGRAM THAT I AM IN AND THEY JUST MESSAGED ME TODAY SAYING:

I'd like to thank you for your recent application online and for your interest in a career with our company! I’d like to let you know that I recently received your resume that you submitted to our open positions and I passed it along to my management team. After carefully reviewing it, they’d like to invite you in to meet with our hiring manager for a one-one-one interview, so Congrats! We are really excited about expanding into a new location and expanding our client portfolio. So right now we’re focused on building the team of people who will gain the opportunity to help us represent these new campaigns. I know they’re looking to fill positions as soon as possible, so as soon as you receive this email, please contact my administrative assistant, Nicole Davis, at (770) 272-9036 in order to schedule your interview. You’ll be meeting with our manager here in our Marrietta location, so please make note of the address I have listed below. I would also really recommend you read more about our company on our website at: www.prolificpromos.com to find detailed information of our campaigns and clients we work with and also so that you may be more prepared to meet with our management team. Thank you once again and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Nicole Davis

Prolific Promotions, Inc.
    Marietta, GA 30067

www.prolificpromos.com

******WHATS WEiRD IS SHE SAID CONTACT MY ADMIN ASSIST NICOLE DAVIS AND THEN SAID SINCERELY NICOLE DAVIS...GLAD I DIDNT FALL FOR IT...THIS IS RIDICULOUS

• 2w
      31st of Aug, 2009

Mine is the same as above. I won't call or go in. I'm so glad I found this on the web first! I can't afford to waste time on fake interviews.