Silkies Enriche / Received product not ordered

1 30860 Paradise Palm AvenueHomeland, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 360-561-2196

I received one package from silkies Enriche and opened it because it said "Free gift enclosed" on the outside of the package. It had a tiny container of face cream in it with an invoice for 19.99. I paid it and wrote on the invoice to remove my name and address from all mailing lists. While I was away for a few days another package from Silkies Enriche arrived. I am returning it unopened 3-23-08 to the address on the package "Silkies Enriche, Po Box 34369, Lancaster, SC 29722.

I would like someone to launch an investigation into this company since I see many complaints and scams they have pulled on other people.

Sincerely,

Polly Parker
jep-pip@juno.com

Po

Comments

19th of Feb, 2008

I did not place an order for items received

• Lu
      11th of Mar, 2008

I did not order this product. I am not paying shipping for the return of something I did not order!

25th of Mar, 2008

I will not return or pay for an unwanted product sent to me without my having requested it. This product I received from Silken Enriche was NEVER requested! The bill for $19.94 is obviously a standard price charged for this scam. They say to return it unopened. How do you know what it is until you open it? If I receive a request for payment, I will return THAT with instructions as to what they can do with it! If it costs them $4.95 for shipping/handling why do they expect me to pay that? I'm sure that I could have returned it for much less. The way I see it is that, even if I return it, I'm still out money. I will not use this product and if they want it back I'll keep it for 2 months. They can send me " postage" and "handling " fees of $4.95 and maybe I'll return it.

• Bo
      31st of Mar, 2008

I never bought this product from Silkies Enriche

• Db
      1st of Apr, 2008

I agree with you completely on this. My wife received the identical package last week. We didn't know what it was until we opened it. The toll free number was nothing more than an automated message system. There was, I believe, a way to write to them to tell them to stop sending this, but I really have a problem forking out the $.41 postage stamp to tell them not to send me stuff! Why should I be the responsible one? THEY are the ones who initiated this, right? Should it cost ME something to tell them that I don't want their product? Should I be the one who has to repackage this item? Should I worry about the postage and handling? I say no. Let THEM take care of it. The wife is worried that if we don't pay them they will begin calling us and hounding us for the money. No problem. Perhaps then we can speak to a live person? I wonder if this type of marketing scam is really beneficial to them. I also wonder if they have ever shipped an unsolicited product along with a bill for it to the home address of a state attorney general? ;-)

• De
      7th of Apr, 2008

I had exactly the same experience. I asked for a free sample and they want me to pay $19.94 for the product which I did not ask for. Now they are sending me a past due letter. They have no phone # available. What a scam. I am contacting my better bisness bureau.

• Oc
      7th of Apr, 2008

Me too. I may have asked for a free sample but I certainly didn't ask for their moisturizer they sent along with it, especially at $19.94 or sign up for automatic mailings. I'm doing absolutely nothing...their problem. If they want to send me more products and demands for payment, let them.

28th of Apr, 2008

I sent silies a check on April 15, 2008 in the amount of 19.94. I also wrote on that check not to send me anything else. Take me off your list. I owe your company nothing and want to keep it that way. Please take me off your list.

• Be
      7th of May, 2008

HOW CAN THEY BILL ME SHIP ME STUFF I NEVER ORDERED????

• Ka
      3rd of Jun, 2008

I received a free sample, then I received a order and a bill. Idid not order the stu[censored]

• Ke
      27th of Jun, 2008

Complete scam and ripoff. They can send bills until the end of time. They won't get a penny.

• Lt
      11th of Aug, 2008

Did not order product and now want me to pay for it.

• Sp
      30th of Aug, 2008

I believe if you call Silkies at 1-866-748-2041 and select #3 you will go through a few menues and then ask to speak to a customer service rep. Make sure you have your account number, which is on or inside the package. Ask them to mail you a "paid shipping label". Be willing to wait a bit, even 20 minutes.

Make sure your friends are not submitting things to these companies; talk about it with family and friends to make sure this "free" stuff is not sent to you without your permission. Some people are well meaning, but don't realize the trouble/hassle this causes for people.

Canada: www.enchantresshosiery.com
    Canada email: customerservice@silkiesenriche.ca;
    USA : customerservice@silkies.com;
    UK, Germany, France etc: www.silkies.co.uk

I was surprised to see so many people with this problem!

• Gi
      9th of Oct, 2008

iam fed up of silkies phoning me and know sending me itames i have not seant for how can thy get away
    whith it g lines

• Da
      14th of Oct, 2008

This is an outrageous violation of the law. It is violation of the postal service regulations. It is illegal to offer a free sample and then send the recipients bills for this. I am convinced that it is a form of blackmail on the part of these people, too, because they offer a free sample, then try to charge around 20.00 for the sample that was free, and they think people will pay for fear they will attempt to harm their credit rating if they don't pay. Today I received an "overdue" bill from Silkies Enriche for $19.94 for the FREE SAMPLE! We must all turn this information over to the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Division of the Attorney General's Office. We dont need this stress, and the shape this country is in we sure don't need scam artists offering a free sample and then sending bills for the sample! What if 5, 000 people ordered a free sample, and then were badgered into paying $19.94 each, that is what these people would make off their victims.
    These people should be investigated and charged with fraud.

• Sy
      20th of Nov, 2008

To Whom it may concern,

About 3 months ago I received an envelope saying there was a free sample inside. I opened it and threw it away. I then later received and invoice saying I owed $22.55 for the product. I ignored it as I have not ordered anything from you. I since have received 2 more notices account number 10121763. I have not ordered anything and will not pay this amount. I want you to stop sending the invoice and remove my mailing address from any list you may have.

There are several complaints about this matter all over the internet posted by other people questioning your company.

You should seriously look into that and stop sending people products that have not been ordered.

• Ca
      24th of Mar, 2009

I just asked for a sample of this moisturizer cream and it said, do nothing because you will receive another free sample in the mail and then it proceeded to tell me that my introductory offer was only 14.99 and I in no way ordered anything. Well, do not send it to me because you will never get the money. You know who tried that on me was Chatelaine Magazine and I did not authorize in any way for them to send me magazines. I am also telling you people for this company that you will never get one red cent out of me. It is against the law to send anyone anything that they did not sign and authorize for. This is jail time, if you don't know it. So get real you people that own this site, what do you think you can get away with here. I am not receiving anything from you and it will just go back in the mail to you, unopened.

• Sy
      15th of Jan, 2010

Bonjour, je viens juste de recevoir une lettre disant que je vous devais $20.95...
    Je ne sais pas pourquoi vous dites que j'ai commandé ces produits car; OUI j'ai essayé mes échantillons gratuits, et NON je n'ai pas pu commander ces produits car même avec les échantillons que j'avais eu gratuitement, ma peau n'est pas capable de tolérer vos produits, surtout dans la figure...????
    Mon numéro de compte est 10235395
    Description des produits reçus; 1 Hydratant Toujours jeune/25ml et,
    1 Bâtonnet antirides pour les yeux
    Donc, étant donné que ma peau a très mal réagit au produit en échantillon...IMPOSSIBLE que je vous en ai commandé en plus grosse quantité...
    n'est-ce pas ?????
    Alors, si VRAIMENT j'ai rempli un bon de commande, j'étais soit endormie ou dans le coma...MERCI de votre compréhension, Sylvie Rompré de Shawinigan

• Da
      9th of Feb, 2010

I too was sent a "free sample" from Silkies even though I hadn't ordered it or ever heard of it before. Now 2 yrs. later they are still sending me bills for something I never ordered . and don't ever expect to pay. I am 78 years olf and only get a small pension to live on. I don't need this harrasement in my old age.

• 77
      23rd of Mar, 2010

I cancel my order in wish i never made they sent me a free sample and the next thing i recieved aorder for $30.74