Silk Air / Bad landing & cabin crew

1 SG Review updated:

Flight from SIN to BKI was about to land at about 11am on 1st August, when suddenly it started to climb altitude again. The pre-landing announcement was also made and cabin crew were instructed to be in their seats.

Subsequently no announcement/reason/explanation was provided to the passengers for the sudden change in altitude and possibly change in direction as well.

While alighting, on checking with cabin crew, no explanations were provided and instead we got a reply: "WE DONT KNOW". Is this what a concerned passenger is told? The leading stewardness (in orange uniform) was
extremely curt and un-polite.

I would also like to add that when the plane gained altitude again and was really bouncing in air, another announcement was made: "we are about to land shorlty, please return to your seats, fasten your seat belt and store your tray tables"!!! Was this necessary. We are sure all passengers were in equal shock as we were to even think of getting up from their seats. I would have thought at this time a comforting message could have been relayed for all passengers to be at ease.

We are still in a state of shock, as a result of which Silk Air has ruined our long awaited holiday in Kotakinabalu. We are very disappointed.

Whats worse is that its been 3 weeks now and we have still not the complaint resolved / the investigation report though we just keep receiving "please bear with us" emails from Corinth De Cotta, Head Customer Affairs (SilkAir (S) Pte Ltd)

Comments

• Sy
      Apr 01, 2010

well, so far, silkair had been a good carrier. From the check in counter till the landing.
    I went to kuching, phuket and kuala lumpur and i had such a good experience.

• Bi
      Mar 03, 2013
    Silk Air - LOSS OF CAMERA AND SUNGLASS
    Singapore

GOOD DAY SIR,
    YESTERDAY I CAME FROM BALIKAPAN (INDONESIA)TO SINGAPORE WITH SILK AIRLINES. AFTER COMING HOME I FOUND MY CAMERA (OLYMPUS TOUGH COST 300 SING DOLLAR) AND SUNGLASS (COST sd 75) ARE MISSING FROM MY CHECK IN LUGGAGE. MOREOVER MY BAG CHAIN WAS ALSO DAMAGED. MY FLIGHT WAS MI-133 AND SEAT NO WAS 24F. MY NAME IS BISWANATH CHAKRABORTY. PLEASE TELL ME THE PROCEDURE TO GET IT BACK. MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS [protected]@gmail.com.
    THANKS AND BEST REGARDS